Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TIERS

Sun, Jun 3 2012 10:12 PM (20 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 10:12 PM

BOBTX61:

OK.......here's MY take on the "difference" in a RANKED ROUND & a PRACTICE ROUND.

If you play a "practice round"...and many people choose to do this.  IF you hit a Birdie on EVERY hole...doesn't count.  IF you hit an ACE on any hole...doesnt' count.  IF you sink a beautiful 45 foot long Birdie or Eagle putt....doesn't count.  If you hit your longest drive...and it's something like 385 yards....doesn't count.  ONLY shots & scores on "ranked rounds" count.

So, I have played very FEW "practice rounds"..but, that's me.  What I do instead.....is ALWAYS play "ranked rounds".....they ONLY count IF you complete the 9 hole or 18 hole round.  If when I get to the 9th green (for a 9 hole round) OR to the 18th green (when I'm playing 18 holes)..........and I don't like my score and don't wish for it to count towards my "average"......or don't wish to have it PUBLISHED on my Profile.....I simply close out that game (don't finish it)...I don't hit that final putt....you won't be penalized for do that...and, those games just become good "practice rounds".

My thinking is........WHAT IF.....I'm have a GREAT round going....I definitely want it to COUNT...but, if I'm doing GREAT and am in the "practice round" mode....it won't count...because, you can not change from "practice mode" to "ranked round" mode during play - correct me if I'm wrong here.

Just my opinion......but, a "ranked round" ONLY counts........IF you complete those rounds.

Bob

Well said sir.

RSS