Forums

Help › Forums

TIERS

Sun, Jun 3 2012 10:12 PM (20 replies)
  • hughgorgan
    5 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 12:04 PM

What are the requirements to move up to tour master? currently level 81 with a 68 average and over 300 ranked round played. what does it take to move up?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:33 PM

hi

we do not make the requirements public;however, there have been some educated guessed by the community, so someone may mention it :)

-wgticon

• hughgorgan
    5 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:35 PM

I hate secrets

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 1:40 PM

I'm guessing you'll need to shave about 5.64 strokes off your avg.  Good luck and be patient.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:37 PM

I remember when I made "Tour Pro".....WGT reset my "average" back to 72.0 (which I'm sure was the SAME for you).  Then....I had to hit scores below my average.....200+ games (9 hole rounds) at least...to get down to about 62.0 average.....I'm not sure of the "exact average" I had to get down to - that information is NOT published by WGT.

When I reached the "Master Tier"....WGT reset my "average" back up to 72.0 once again. Knew I had my work cut out for me to get LOWER. 

I have noticed that to get ONE STROKE lower now....I have to get at least a -4 (on 9 holes)....which equals .05 lower each time.  OK, if you divide 1.0 (one stroke) by .05 that comes to (20) 9 hole rounds that you MUST hit that are at least -4 below Par.  Sooooooo, for me, getting from that 72.0 average where I started at "Master"....has been extremely time consuming......and hey, getting a -4 score on ANY of these courses (9 holes - front or back 9) is just not easy!!!  And you will go thru a ton of balls to get lower....and you best have some GREAT clubs too....it's just part of this game.

Just don't forget to have FUN along the way.  I know it would be GREAT (for me) to be "Tour Master" or a "Legend".........but, not everyone is going to be able to make it.  So, enjoy the GOLF!!!

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:37 PM

First you have to move up to master. One thing at a time.

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 2:50 PM

I found this in the forums and I believe this is prolly correct.  I do not deserve credit for this information.  WGT does not either as they do not make it public.  However, over the years the players have finally got the formula figured out, I think.  Here it is.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete, as listed above, are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total rounds overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Tour Pro tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

-Nuke

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 7:52 PM

Hey........THANKS, Luke.

Problem I have is..........well, just about the time I reached an AVERAGE of 63.25 as a "MASTER".......the CRITERIA for lowering my average changed.

It had been hitting a -4 below Par on a 9 hole course and going lower & lower......NOW, I have to hit a -5 on (most of the courses)......which is EXTREMELY difficult (I think, for most players).

Guess I just can't make the GRADE......I could hit 9 holes for the next 5 months trying to get the (5) -5 games I need.........and then what?....Oh, I get to be a "TOUR MASTER".  And then, the NIGHTMARES begin.  Imagine how well you have to do as a "Tour Master" to lower your average!!!!!!!!  Thanks, but no thanks.  I'm going to be HAPPY being here at the "MASTER TIER". 

Oh & P.S......imagine HOW MANY BALLS you'll go through getting from MASTER down to LEGEND???!!!  Better have a TON of WGT credits or a LOT of $$$.  I can't seem to quality for ANY of the surveys.....and the 7 TV Ads I get to watch per day just don't give me enough credits for the balls I need.  Maybe, just maybe, WGT would prefer we pay CASH for those credits.......ya think?

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 7:56 PM

Ill never reach TM :(

But at least Ill have my G20's by then :)

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 8:26 PM

pjctas0822:

Ill never reach TM :(

But at least Ill have my G20's by then :)

I got the first g20s and I still have to get average low enough to reach master. I am close, but still hard. 

RSS