Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 1 2012 7:08 PM (5 replies)
  • Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 4:55 AM

How does a hack get top of the line equipment? I was invited to an alt shot match yesterday by a hack with another hack partner,. Both playing off red tee box. I had a pro partner and offered to restart and take one of the hacks for a partner to even the sides. But was declined. Then I noticed the inviters equipment. G20 driver, rosa putter, Taylormade irons L62, and taylor made wedges, Nike balls. Can a person be gifted or buy clubs and balls above their level?

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 5:57 AM

i agree mate ive said the same time after time, i once played a hack with all r11 equipment and the best stuff available on wgt and he or she was level 90 plus..

but... its not breaking any rules so we have to get on with it. i see many sand baggers as there called on here in alt shot.

if thats the way they want to play then thats upto them.

i really do think the latest clubs now should be available on tiers not levels but it all comes down to revenue.

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 9:14 AM

I thought you could only purchase equipment available to your tier! He had good equipment and played off the red tees, thus out driving me by 40-50 yrds. But he still played like a hack, and we won!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 9:44 AM

Timmytoastman:

I thought you could only purchase equipment available to your tier! 

That used to be the case but they changed the system so they could make more money. Anyone can level up just by avoiding stroke play games while keeping a low tier. In my opinion it's the main thing that is wrong with the site.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 2:42 PM

I dont think you can attain equipment that is above your Level unless it comes from WGT directly as a promo.

Its not against the rules to have good equpiment and be a hack . All you need is a whole lot of credits which can be purchased and just eat a bunck of energy bars. For 100 credits I think you can gain a level. So for 9000 credits you can be a level 90 Hack. Purchase whatever equipment other then the ones designated for legends Tier's.

It peoples perogative to do whatever they want with their money and it is not wrong. Is it bad taste ? Absolutely.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 7:08 PM

Just FYI.....this actually happened to me. I belonged to this site back in 2009 and I had a R9, 275 yard driver, G10 irons and a decent putter.

I left for approx. 2 years and returned to the game. You see, when I left, there were no such thing as levels in the game. Also, you could buy the top equipment on the site at that time, even being a hack. I can't recall what level I was but I had killer equipment for my "level" when I returned. I did have a few people ask me how the heck I did it but after my explanation, they could see why.

I would have to assume that's the case you are seeing.

Here is a link of a friend of mine who did the same thing. He still very rarely plays but you will see what I'm saying. http://www.wgt.com/user/profile.aspx?UserID=935342

There are however level 90 hacks and pros running around the game. Take a long look at their stats before calling them cheaters / sandbaggers. Some of them don't care to play stroke and simply get on here to socialize in alt shot games.

RSS