Help › Forums

Re: St Andrews 7th Hole

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:50 PM (5 replies)
  • Jiim527
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 2:43 PM

Hi,

Is it me, or is this the only hole on any course where the flag position NEVER changes ( always in the far right corner ) ??

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 7:05 PM

Sometimes it's to the left of that on the other side of the ridge.  I know this because I've logged more than my share of rounds there, believe me.  ;-)

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:58 PM

Both positions are pretty close. This has to be the case as it's a shared green. The ones on Kiawah never move.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:59 PM

Agreed!

This (easier?) position allows a drive to the right hand corner of the bunker named "Shell" - 'nuff green to work with.

Edit:

IRL, the two holes play criss-cross from the same side of the double green with the North Sea (Eden Estuary) behind them:

Hole 7 from the left to the right hand portion,

hole 11 (Par3 with that nasty lil bunker in front of the green) from the right to the left hand portion. The big "Shell" bunker does not come into play here.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:05 PM

piztaker:
    The ones on Kiawah never move.

For now. Its going to be interesting to see where the new pin placements are at Kiawah though.

Not that it matters because the current pin placements at Kiawah are a nightmare as far as putting is concerned. : )

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:50 PM

The pin more to the right is on a deceptive little downslope, if you play to roll the ball into the pin you can sometimes go right past and even into the rough, the right side might be slightly more tucked in, but I find it easier to land there.

I'm thinking the new Kiawah pins are going to either be quite a refreshing change or a nightmare to reach lol, either way...looking forward to them

RSS