Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Sportsmanship!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:04 AM (2 replies)
  • Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 6:46 AM

Just finished a 9 hole stroke play with 61Gene. The man was 3 over par but stuck around because I was 3 under and he wanted me to finish! What a gentleman! That my friends is Sportsmanship at it's finest! Take a lesson all you quitters who believe it hurts your average because your over par! That's not always the case! But more importantly, you might also consider your reputation! Which seems to me a great many people and  WGT don't give a rats #@% about!! Or they would post a players rep next to their profile!    Quitter or Sportsman? Which are YOU? Thanks again Gene!

TIM

• zephyrdan
    256 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:04 AM

well said timmy.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:52 AM

Bad rounds would "hurt" the average only temporarily, also the ego pain will pass.

Eventually, the bad scores will be replaced by a player's good scores, and these are neccessary to tier up!

I agree: Good sportsmanship to stay till the (bitter) end, honouring the other's good play.

It's self-evident to quite a few here (add me) but not to all. To their defense, let's not forget it's only an online game of virtual character where some may think they have no obligations to their fellow players. Furtheron, stroke play can be continued even if all but one quit.

Nevertheless, it leaves a sour taste.

RSS