Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flagstick blues!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 2 2012 6:46 AM (2 replies)
  • Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 3:28 AM

I've been inside the Great Pyramid, walked on the Chinese Great wall, have been mountainbiking above the clouds at 13.000 feet in the Andes and fed wild kangaroos in Perth. I've been in the cave of Zeus in Crete, petted a biting leopard and rode an elephant on its head in Thailand, sat in the captain's chair of an 'in service' Boeing 777 and behind the wheel of an 'out of service' submarine in Japan. I've been to Macchu Picchu and The Vatican, was kissed by a giraffe in Kenya, witnessed the polar night and aurora borealis in the Arctic and visited a wooden mosque in Iran. I walked on the Giants' Causeway, dropped a tear in Auschwitz and Hiroshima, was interviewed for NBC prime time news in New York and said hello in Finnish to Santa Claus in Rovaniemi. I met the crown prince of Denmark in Mongolia, was hijacked in a taxi in Armenia, witnessed a space shuttle launch and landing at Cape Kennedy and flew in a helicopter in Monaco. I saw dust tornados in Canada and Peru, active vulcanos in Iceland, Columbia and the USA, assisted to give birth to my daughter and kissed a gorgeous Chinese woman on Tiananmen square in Beijing..... ..... but I never witnessed a ball speeding through the pole of a flagstick before!

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=04fbf81a-0af7-487a-973c-a08200a5998d

(Best views are 2nd and 6th)

VOY

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 6:33 AM

I stayed at a Holiday Inn express once. Dang Voy, I wish I had half of your travel resume. I can't explain the flag pole thingy.

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 6:46 AM

renniw52:
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn express once. Dang Voy, I wish I had half of your travel resume. I can't explain the flag pole thingy.

Dear Renniw,

Holiday Inn, only when in Beijing, they are very good there!

This list is even less then 10% of all my adventures, endeavours, meetings, sights and sounds etc... that I have encountered in with 170 voyages, 570 flights, 70 countries. And I am still hungry! Next trip? South Africa in three weeks, for the fourth time!

Take good care!

VOY

RSS