rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 6 2012 1:36 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 2:41 PM

drewsterinone:
    I Quit!

Then you must know the answer . what is the advantage?

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 9:07 AM

Oh yeah totally i know the advantage.   Works so well, and everyone has got to do it.   Its the new thing.   But if I tell you , id have to kill you.   So my question to you now is,   Would you like to know?,    knowing you must die after i tell you.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 11:57 AM

drewsterinone:
    knowing you must die after i tell you

Hmm... would be a bad deal, from what I understand, we'd get to know everything after we die anyway? 

• GypsyGreen
    520 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 11:04 PM

This whole damn business with quitters is really pathetic but also very frustrating...

What if we as players had an option to red flag a player after they have quit..? This mark or flag will show when a number of quits is reached ,.. visible next to there name.. giving everyone the choice to accept or avoid a frequent quitter.

Now,.. i know that connection problems can and will happen but im sure ( at least i hope ) that WGT has a way to see the difference between PC  failure and a spineless quitter.

i`d like to hear any thoughts on this and /or any other ideas on the matter.

And what WGT can , shall or is doing about this problem.

and to the bullet biters i say cheers folks enjoy the game and see ya out there!!! 

• patefern
    9 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 2:30 PM

In this age of computer knowledge I think you can tell who quit and who disconnected, so your suggestion is appropriate.  I did get a message from someone who was disconnected, not his fault, a real gentleman, who I don't know if I can name.  WGT runs a business and it may not be in that best business interest to do so.

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:58 PM

The "plague" of quitters is going to get worse!  TOUR LEGEND TIER and the race to become one, is going to spread though WGT like Charlie Sheen at a FREE HOOKERS & BOOZE convention. Players, striving to be the 1st ever Tour Legend. Will drop a game the moment they realize they are not going to Birdie a hole. The fun is about to start. Are you ready?

• MikeyCritter
    77 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:00 PM

patefern:

In this age of computer knowledge I think you can tell who quit and who disconnected, so your suggestion is appropriate.  I did get a message from someone who was disconnected, not his fault, a real gentleman, who I don't know if I can name.  WGT runs a business and it may not be in that best business interest to do so.

Exactly, but as a business WGT will let us "Finishers" stay frustrated in order for themselves to make all the profits possible.  I think when a player quits he or she should have to give , out of their level up points the points lost to each player in the group that stays.  The more quitters the more level up points Finishers would gain.  It would reduce the anger most of us feel with glee that the crummy players leave and replace it with happiness knowing they have lost by quitting and the Finishers would prosper in both ways.

But Finishers hold your breath as WGT just does not care about anything but profit, and I like the color blue that we all will turn.

• Naugahyde
    92 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:03 PM

I like Mikey's idea. A punitive measure like this would go a long way towards solving this problem. I also the idea of a quitter's ranked list.

People of this ilk will only respond to losing points or having their profile posted at the post office.

I played 18 holes with a guy last night and he seemed very surprised that I hung around even though he was cleaning my clock. That's pretty sad.

Some people were raised, and some people were just had.

• patefern
    9 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 1:36 PM

Interesting that you point out the fact that you were losing and thanked for not quitting.  

The first number of games I played I also was doing badly and at the end was thanked for playing and thought how strange that was.  Games later I understood what he meant.  Played a tour pro a few days ago who quit, on his turn, last hole last putt because he was on his way to 3 or 4 putting in a tight game.

I looked him up on the player list and 4 or 5 people wrote on his wall the nastiest stuff on him quitting on them.  LOL.  

• PAGES
RSS