Help › Forums

What is the advantage of quitting?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 6 2012 1:36 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • patefern
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:11 AM

Quitting has been discussed before and how annoying it is to the non-quitters but more important are the discussions about how WGT can discourage and penalize the people who quit.

I haven’t played that many games but in the ones I did 50% of the players quit into the round and near the end 25% of the time I finished by myself.  I’m not that good but on occasion I can beat better players and that’s why they quit.  So my question is what advantage is it to quit?  I know about maintaining your standing and the numbers game but does that make you a better player?  Can quitting take the place of practice to be better?  I have never quit, and one time I was disconnected and WGT put up a system problem message so I don’t think the disconnect was on my end.  May seem crazy, but I just enjoy playing, winning is nice but the competition, the chat, the game, are fun.

People who quit the game are frustrating but they are also cowards and that trait is disgusting, so man up.

• signguy69
    62 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 2:07 PM

I just finished a  9 hole ranked round by myself. It started off with 4 players. Even the person who started it quit. In the past couple of day I've played multiple rounds in groups. Only once has it came to the end with all who started. 9 or 18, it didn't matter. I have had technical issues that ended rounds prematurely, and sent bug reports in. Regardless of how my round is going, I will finish it. I would be more than happy to play a round anytime. And don't worry, I'll hang in there even if I'm shooting 4 over or 7 over after 3 holes unlike the tour pro and master that just allowed me to finish by myself...lol

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 2:09 PM

Only play with friends that have not quit on you in the past. This topic has been ongoing and will never end so thats the best advice I can give.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:16 PM

pjctas0822:

Only play with friends that have not quit on you in the past. This topic has been ongoing and will never end so thats the best advice I can give.

There is simple measures that could be done but WGT does not seem interested. I only play alt shot games as multi because it is rare that people quit those, but ranked rounds could be fun to play with random people as well, but they take time and in the end you stand there alone and is awarded XP as if you were playing a single round. 

Nowadays levels is not important for me, but if you need XP to get that nice club you have seen in a shop, the quitters are basically stealing XP from you. 

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:20 PM

...on the question of "what is the advantage": If you are new to a tier, a bad score will upset your average. If you average is stable (going down only), the score might embarrass you since it will be on display. Many people care about the numbers, be that right or wrong.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:21 PM

Invite me anytime Tight . I play a decent fourball :) And I get to blame my pard if things dont work out :) . Hit me up . I am usually available for that type of play after 11:00 pm EST.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:48 PM

the quitting morons divide into 2 groups.

1. fragile ego - if you quit you can't lose the game to your fellow player

2. being defeated by a lower tier, some would consider this "the ultimate shame"

3.tier chasing - in this stupid pointless chase of legend tier,
    many of these quitters won't even consider an even or over par round

so IMO it's a mixture of these 3 main reasons for the most part.

some idiots take this game way waaay to seriously.

we need a quitter rank system,
    at this point, it's the only thing that can save the interactive part of this game,
    which slowly but surely is losing it's appeal

• rosson1
    169 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 5:26 AM

Mate, i've just had a gripe about the same thing...beats me but it is frustrating and takes away from the spirit...good fun!

• pete1999
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 11:23 AM

quitters should be kicked out and stop waisting  good golfers time

when thay cant  win

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 2:10 PM

I Quit!

tks

drew

• PAGES