Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Disconnections or just plain quitters?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:36 AM (1 replies)
  • rosson1
    169 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 5:23 AM

Just started playing in groups this last few days and it seems either there are some dodgy connections out there...or people who figure they'll just pull the plug and walk. Either way, it's quite frustrating. I'm no flash whiz at this game but it is at its basic level, very enjoyable...and at times frustrating as hell given some of the crap shot decisions i make...but i'll always stay the round despite what score i'm getting on how many crappy balls i lose. Just my 50c worth!

• rosson1
    169 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:36 AM

rosson1:
    and at times frustrating as hell given some of the crap shot decisions i make...but i'll always stay the round despite what score i'm getting on how many crappy balls i lose.

well i was almost a hypocrite today...i was playing another guy in stroke play and having one of the worst games in a long while...no browser glitches, just poor judgement on my part...anyway, near the end of the game i sent the message that i wouldn't be posting my score at the end...or words to that effect...'Well quit then if you're not going to post a score'''. was the message i got back. I didn't quit, and to this day i still haven't quit on a game, but i was so tempted to...and perhaps if the other player had said words to the effect...'no probs, i understand...' i may have pulled the plug...but for me at that moment, being thought of as a 'Quitter' was far more painful to the ego than the 6-7 shots over par i had shot for that game...

It isn't for me to sit in judgement of any other person on here so i won't be joining the chorus of comments about people who quit intentionally as opposed to those who validly lose a connection...but all i can say, no matter what my score is, i won't be quitting a game...and I'm glad i didn't on this one...no matter whether it's the first hole or the last...so, thanks to the guy i was playing for the reply, made me wake up to myself and put the ego where it should be, tucked away in bed.

RSS