Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hi, all. Question on "tiers" and "levels".

Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:25 PM (6 replies)
  • Lehrman
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 7:45 AM

I am currently a Level 61 Master.  My average score is a 65.78.  I have no idea if that's "good", "bad", or "average".  I've played in quite a few Match play games and nobody ever said anything to me about my level/tier until yesterday.  They asked me "Level 61 Master?" to which I replied "yes".  I then asked if that was surprising/bad/good, etc....  they responde with "no comment". 

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Kind of made me paranoid...

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 8:08 AM

don't be concerned with what others think .. your tier & level is pretty normal IMO .. there are those who take longer, but thats not your concern .. some people progress faster than others .. there's a lot of toxic personalities here who can give u a hard time over nuthin' .. so let them stew in their own venomous juice & move on ..

your avg & stats are decent & right in the middle of your tier .. you'll need avg of 63 to go to Tour Master .. good luck

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 8:24 AM

Lehrman:

I am currently a Level 61 Master.  My average score is a 65.78.  I have no idea if that's "good", "bad", or "average".  I've played in quite a few Match play games and nobody ever said anything to me about my level/tier until yesterday.  They asked me "Level 61 Master?" to which I replied "yes".  I then asked if that was surprising/bad/good, etc....  they responde with "no comment". 

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Kind of made me paranoid...

If anything, I'd regard it as a compliment to be recognized as a level 61 Master!

The average Master from the USA starting with "L" is more in his 70s or 80s of level. I myself maybe not typical but I advanced to Master at level 88.

Have fun, hit it straight!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2012 5:22 PM

chris5214:
    your avg & stats are decent & right in the middle of your tier .. you'll need avg of 63 to go to Tour Master .. good luck

I agree.

On another note, when you are very close to TIERING UP (any tier), so when your Average is 63.1x

The game seems to get a bit easier when your on the cusp, putts magically fall in etc

Good time to have a shot at a couple of MASTER RG's  ;)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2012 7:52 PM

SHRUDE:

The game seems to get a bit easier when your on the cusp, putts magically fall in etc

Good time to have a shot at a couple of MASTER RG's  ;)

Noticed that too,thought I was being a conspiracy  theorist..try the 100c's...Andy

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:40 PM

alcaucin:

Noticed that too,thought I was being a conspiracy  theorist..try the 100c's...Andy

We are.  But we'd be bored if we weren't always looking over our shoulders.  I would also say the opposite can be true.  When you break through that tier, things tighten up.  Shots that were hitting fairways miss, and putts that were magnetized to the hole suddenly miss by a country mile.

Everything evens out, and it's likely in our heads.  However, when a baseball player goes on a hitting streak, even though he knows it won't matter, he does some seriously crazy things to keep the streak alive.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:25 PM

every thing   you   read on your post is correct  ,and yes  its good  to be where you are in the way you play( well :)     just keep on  playing  have a good game  and like most of us ,laugh  fff  about the bad one   (like my english )    here on WGT    its not realy to be the best  but to have fun trying  to be one of the best ,     and do your thing   its all good ....

RSS