Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Course and Slope Ratings

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 10 2014 12:30 AM (4 replies)
  • jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 12:54 AM

I was just wondering if anyone had all the Course ratings and Slope ratings, from all the courses we play stroke play on. That includes from all the different tee's on each course also. I have started to do some research on this, but hard to get some ratings of some of the tee's. Would be much appreciated if anyone had this and could share it with me.

Thanks

Jcgfree

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 1:23 AM

There should be ratings for the regular tees for all the US courses. STA has a rating, too, from yellow I have 71.2 / 128, white 72.8 / 130, red (women) 75.7 / 143.

RSG may or may not have a US-style rating - the British Golfing Unions stick with their SSS-rating usually.

There will hardly be a rating for the black tees - pros don't get allowances.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:29 AM

The scorecards still publish ratings/slopes, in most cases, for all tees so weekend hacks know which tees to stay the heck off of, too.  Although, there are some tees that are only open during tourney play on courses.  So, it's hard to say what you'll find.  Either way, I imagine Google is your friend.

• Mothy123
    445 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:51 PM

Does anyone know if WGT takes the slope into consideration when you play a course that determines your average?

If you play a harder course that should mean your score is scaled down and scaled up for a easy course.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2014 12:30 AM

Mothy123:

Does anyone know if WGT takes the slope into consideration when you play a course that determines your average?

If you play a harder course that should mean your score is scaled down and scaled up for a easy course.

No they do not take it into consideration -  pure scoring counts only. Essential we are all  professionals, and therefore have no handicap (apart from tiers lol)

RSS