Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Length of ALL "WGT" courses?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:07 PM (5 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:22 PM

I'm just curious to know.  What are the "playing lengths" of the various courses?  I believe I was playing from the WHITE TEES as a Tour Master.....but NOW, I am playing from the CHAMPIONSHIP TEES. 

I realize every hole and every course is DIFFERENT.......just wondering how much FURTHER some of the various WGT courses are from the CHAMPIONSHIP TEES.

I have read here on the Forum that some members do NOT believe there's ANY difference playing these WGT courses.......once you make it to LEGEND......I beg to differ.

Thanks,

Bob

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:35 PM

You could take the distance on each hole and add them together.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:41 PM

piztaker:

You could take the distance on each hole and add them together.

I was thinking the same thing. 

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:13 AM

Well.......I sort of did a "guestimate" on St. Andrew's.....just to sort of see.  It appears that IF you play from the CHAMPIONSHIP TEEs vs. the WHITE TEES (I believe if you are a TM, Master or Tour Pro - you play from the White Tees)......I figured on St. Andrew's - it plays approx. 100 YARDS LONGER from the CHAMPIONSHIP TEEs.

Shoudn't make all that much DIFFERENCE.......if you have a GREAT driver.  However, if you have a really windy course.....hang on....LOL.

I'm the ONLY "Legend" in my WGT Country Club.......of approx 147 members.  So, when I'm playing a "ranked round" Tournament...I'm pretty sure I'm the ONLY one hitting from the CHAMPIONSHIP TEES.  Still......I feel my entire game should just be BETTER than it is.  There are many VERY talented & skilled Tour Masters, Masters & Tour Pros in my CC........but, IF anyone thinks there's NO DIFFERENCE playing as a Legend than as a TM......just wait.....Ha!

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:31 PM

P.S......I just played all 18 holes of ST. ANDREWS.....from the LEGEND TEES.  As I played each hole, I looked at the "yardage difference" between the LEGEND TEES & the WHITE TEES.  Here are the results of my calculations:

Front 9......+300 YDS.                                                                                                               Back 9......+260 YDS.                                                                                                            TOTAL additional yards playing from the Legend Tees vs. White Tees = 560 Yards or 1,680 feet.   That's almost the length of 5-1/2 Football Fields!!!

The CC Tounament I was playing on ST. ANDREWS also had winds between 20 & 35 mph...so, trust me, it makes a huge difference WHICH tee you're playing from.  Actually, it was FUN and made for very challenging play.  You learn a LOT about playing in winding conditions!

So.......if ANY of you are ANXIOUS to make it to the LEGEND tier......keep all this in mind.

And actually, when I see the SCORES and AVERAGES that many LEGENDS are putting up......knowing they are ALL playing from those CHAMPIONSHIP TEES.....it amazes me.  It's VERY humbling!!!

However......playing CTTH challenges, I belive that everyone is playing from the SAME spot on the course.

Bob

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:07 PM

You are almost right. STA from Legend tees is 7216 yds, from white (Master) tees it's 6636 yds. The difference is 580 yds.

Two minutes to get it, like this:

Set up a (practice) stroke play on the course, select the tees you want, start the game. Instead of playing, get the scorecard from the menu, it shows the total distance in the upper right corner.

Leave the game, start another one with different tees. Voila!

RSS