Forums

Help › Forums

Re: good players with poor levels

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 30 2012 4:01 PM (5 replies)
  • joppy33333
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:00 AM

Has any body played against a lillianmay   just played her and she was a level 52 but a hack she was chipping from off the green to within a foot putting out from the fringe.cant understand how that can be,confused the hell out of me.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:55 AM

Naming players on the forum is a no no.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 1:29 PM

Naming is a definite no no but here's the explanation for you.

Tiers (Hack, Pro, Amateur, etc.) are achieved through playing enough official stroke play rounds with a low enough "average". Other types of play (practice, closest to the hole, match play, alternate shot, etc.) do not affect your tier.

Levels are based on the quantity of play (assuming you don't use level up boosts from the pro shop) and the type of play doesn't matter.

So, there are a certain number of players who avoid stroke play but still play a lot of other play so they don't go up in tier but do go up in levels. As a result, they have the skills of Masters and Legends, the equipment of Masters and Legends, but remain Hacks, Amateurs and Pros. That way they get shorter tees and easier conditions even though they have better skills and equipment.

Unfortunately many of them do it for the express purpose of fleecing unsuspecting people of their credits.

EDIT: frapp is absolutely right in his post below. My last paragraph above should be

"Unfortunately many of them do it for the express purpose of fleecing unsuspecting people of their credits. But not all. There are some wonderful low tier, high level players here."

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:14 PM

well said ,srellim234,......   i play with a Master  everynight  and he is good   ,verry good  ,,,  after one  year of playing with him  , i  looked at is stats ,  he plays  exemple (  100 ALT game , to one stroke play )  He  like,s ALT  and skype  that ishis  joy ,he does not play for $$$$$$$  ,   many would say not knowing him ,that he is a  sandbagger , so  now and then, its nice to look at  a player  profile  stats  and score history  you may find many  like him  .........  

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:29 PM

Well said frapp  !

• joppy33333
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 4:01 PM

many apologies for naming names,now i know, Also thanks for the explanation i now understand better why its done even though the player had poor equipment they were very very good,just could not work out why they would want to do that.

thanks again.

RSS