Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:51 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:26 AM

alanti:

Its never our fault.......is it.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/127037.aspx

What a funny post! Thanks for the laugh, alanti. 

davedennis, you'll find that a new perspective can help your WGT game. Give this thread a read. It's important to remember that the meter is a very simple tool. There are no gremlins hiding in the coding, waiting for the right moment to mess up your shot. Since it is so simple, people find it difficult to believe that their computer could be adversely affecting their interaction with it. Fortunately, over the years, many players have shared with us guides on how to successfully configure their computer to make the meter tool function properly.

Have a search through the forums for any of these numerous posts, and good luck on your next shot :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• abndave
    268 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:37 AM

Get used to it , it's a normal accurence ,  pay for  sleeve of 3 ball's and get to keep 1 .

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 4:40 AM

Its always WGT's fault when a ball goes missing, never us pressing a bitt too slow on the meter or even miss calculating wind, personally i think most find it easier blaming WGT than themselves and a high % of these groans are self made and instead of being pi55ed with themselves the majority prefer to blame WGT.  Because the balls are expensive people think if they fictionally blame WGT then they might get a sleeve back from them

Yes meter does skip or pause occasionally, but to say its the cause of the amount of balls which is been mentioned is probably fiction, and to blame WGT for every meter skip is unfair.  Its mostly to do with PC, a sly background program doing something, or internet traffic, servers (your connection too, maybe time of day when it gets busy)  If i can have a smooth meter most of the time and using sometimes a PC with 1 GIG OF RAM, NO GRAPHICS CARD or game booster, then i'm sure the rest of you can too.  I use Maxthon 3 browser and a OLD VERSION OF FLASH PLUGIN (10.0.45) as the newer version will make meter very unstable.

• davedennis
    28 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:27 AM

if thats the case danny, why doesn't it do it on  evry shot, if you were right, that would be the case, as i satated, everything was clear, no other progams running, all cache's clear, it IS a programming fault,

it IS totally random, I HAVE looked it up, and followed the guidelines, BUT IT STILL HAPPENS

• davedennis
    28 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:37 AM

Hi Chris, i have lost a few balls through pressing the button too late or miscalculating things, I've never complained about those times and never will, because they were my fault.

it's when things are not my fault that is the point of this thread, I've been on here long enough  and played enough to know the difference.

• davedennis
    28 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:51 AM

for example, just now, playing the 1st at st andrews, i've just shot onto the green, hit the flagstick, but, instead of just dropping to the green, as would happen in real life, the flagstick proceeded to 'flick' my ball backwards into the stream lol

The ball only probably had maybe 30 shots left on it ,but ive been penalised for being accurate, I've NEVER seen a flagstick, 'flick' a ball, EVER, not in real life, on you tube, anywhere, so why does it happen on here.

• PAGES
RSS