Forums

Help › Forums

WGT STOLE MY BALL

Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:51 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • davedennis
    28 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 1:07 PM
    I have just purchased a sleeve of Nike x balls, level 71, thought i'd give them a go, on the 1st at st andrews, f@^kin meter jump and its straight out of bounds, GET THE BLOODY FAULT SORTED, thats at least 3 balls in the last few days thats gone because of that particular fault, yes every cache is clear, no, i've not got any other programs open, everything switched to off in settings. I complained the other day, same problem, asked for balls to be credited to my equipment, NOTHINGexcept a feeble lecture on ' clearing caches and switching things off' THAT DOES NOT GET ME MY VERY EXPENSIVE BALLS BACK, DOES IT. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, EITHER SORT IT OR GIVE PEOPLE THEIR BALLS BACK, ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE dON'T BURY YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND AND PRETEND ITS NOT HAPPENING, BECAUSE IT IS HAPPENING AND YOU ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF FOR LOTS OF MONEY. no regards,
  • DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 3:50 PM

Sorry Meter issues are purely CLIENT SIDE issues they are not caused by WGT but rather by background programs and services running on your computer. there are plenty of threads on how to resolve this on your computer. 

Try GameBooster for a start.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 4:12 PM

Its never our fault.......is it.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/127037.aspx

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 5:18 AM

try a new browser. try game booster. if the meter is skipping, don't click; it doesn't cost you a stroke. save your game and quit, then try again. if it's still jumpy, save and quit again.

• peteduffer
    48 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:09 AM

Funny but how do you explain it happening to almost everyone? I guess were all stupid and believe it's our computer. I was in a game the other day a guy hit his meter but the flag moved on it's own and all you see is the ball going left out of bounds.And I know he hit his meter cause we were on skype which we use every day so I heard him hitting the meter.Last time you blamed adobe when you guys changed things on here.Quit making excuses we all know it's wgt.I've even suggested putting the meter separate which you guys can do since your giving less for surveys and making us pay more for equipment..

• JimmyLynch
    17 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:25 AM

The same thing has been happening to me. I got a free sleeve of those black X balls a while ago , so I tried them out and got used to them. I decided to play a match @ St. Andrews and hit all 3 into into the water on the 1st hole. I then bought a sleeve of Nikes and lost them in a Blitz!!!

• drmoose
    3,539 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 9:42 AM

Heeeee's baaaaack !

Doc ;)

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 9:43 AM

Like one poster said Try Game Booster or another great program G Boost. Both of them will help smooth out your meter. And Hold your mouse at the top of the swing for at least 3 seconds to allow your CPU time to settle down and you will have many less meter stutters. WGT does not steal your balls you in effect give them away by not optimizing your computer. I do and guess how many ball I have lost that weren't my fault by doing something stupid. I almost 3 years 1 ball lost due the meter stuttering and if I had let my Cpu settle down I might not have even lost that one.Also be aware that in the past few weeks Chrome came out with a new version with a built in version of flash called pepper flash that does not work well at all. For a better game play experience you might try either Maxthon 3,Rock Melt or Comodo Dragon. They all work much better that Chrome or Firefox.

• PAGES
RSS