Help › Forums

Re: Totally Ridiculous

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:53 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 5:33 PM

Just played the most unreal game in all my time on WGT. I will name the players, GAZOLL, BMX123, and Golfi175, 3 Legends and a TM. It was the most  ***-- up game I have ever seen. Not one player had a club do what it should, it was so messed up. all we could do  is laugh. I have never seen this before, wtf is going on with this game. I am not whining or bitching, ask the other players, they said enough for tonight, I lost 2 Nikes on a course with no water. This has never happened before. Bring on the take it or quit comments, it doesn't bother me. I had 3 other players witness this abortion of a game.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:10 AM

renniw52:
    all we could do  is laugh

I'm all about having a goodtime no matter what happens here when playing with a group, but it get's pretty darn hard to do when you're losing expensive golf balls that didn't get wet.

19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:04 AM

Fully agree with the frustration of losing expensive golf balls. OK - if you hit into a hazard you expect to lose the ball. But why does WGT simply take balls out of play for no apparent reason.

Couple of days ago I played 7 holes - all pars and trouble free - at St Andrews. Hit my drive on 17 straight down the middle, and then - 'ball taken out of play' !!! To say I was annoyed is an understatement. Thern just now, similar situation but ball into bunker. 30  - 40% lie - 'taken outof play'.

Are we likely to get any explanation or do we just have to keep buying golf balls or return to the unresponsive freebies? 

19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:07 AM

Just tried to post a comment agreeing with the totally ridiculous statement about balls taken out of play. For some reason it didn't make the screen - but I do want to register my concern at this unfortunate 'ball taken out of play' situation.

Why does it happen?

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 2:20 PM

3128738:
    Are we likely to get any explanation or do we just have to keep buying golf balls or return to the unresponsive freebies? 

The balls only last for a certain number of 'hits'. It's the durability rating and varies from ball to ball. The little gauge next to your spin control gives a general idea of how much life a ball has left before being taken out of play.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:10 AM

3128738:

Fully agree with the frustration of losing expensive golf balls. OK - if you hit into a hazard you expect to lose the ball. But why does WGT simply take balls out of play for no apparent reason.

Couple of days ago I played 7 holes - all pars and trouble free - at St Andrews. Hit my drive on 17 straight down the middle, and then - 'ball taken out of play' !!! To say I was annoyed is an understatement. Thern just now, similar situation but ball into bunker. 30  - 40% lie - 'taken outof play'.

Yeah I lost a Nike on #3 Bethpage. The wind said 16 mph at my back. If you have played this hole hundreds of times, it's like a forgone conclusion to club down a club it usually plays about right.  I only hit a 5 iron for cryin out loud?

long story short that ball didn't even hit the green & bounded into the weeds? I was kind of shocked because I had really thought I'd had the right distance. Lost ball apparently.

Anyway Renni, it is F''n Rediculous! Same goes for # 17 at St. Andys. They are making it a crap shoot to get it over that road now. I think it's a scam to get you to buy that new distance ball.

I don't give a shyt who shot what 52 for the tourney & all anal about the score & proud.

The game blows & it's a money suckin outfit. No one is gonna convince me otherwise.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:26 AM

shoop:

Why don't you quit all together ?    

Still doing the rounds  I see, tough guy.

Crawl back under your rock and do us all a favour.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:37 AM

shoop:

Why don't you quit all together ?    

Why don't you come up with something intelligent to say before you post ? 

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:53 AM

I understand the frustrations but if the game is that inconsistent how do the top players consistently shoot so low... I'd blame yourself... not the game

• PAGES
RSS