Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What happened next?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:20 AM (37 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:31 AM

I Bogeyed the shot Andy, after hitting the pin. Which can be seen in the vid above. I got a big jump on the meter when putting, so think i was destined to lose out on this 1, lol.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:21 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

I Bogeyed the shot Andy, after hitting the pin. Which can be seen in the vid above. I got a big jump on the meter when putting, so think i was destined to lose out on this 1, lol.

I wouldn't be upset at the result but that's why that hole is hardest in that wind. It offers a shot that's near impossible to pool off. Your best bet was to try to run it to 10-12 ft above or come from the left side.

This was a very interesting thread:)

-wgticon

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:46 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

Ok, had to uninstall that version of moviemaker, and downloaded the newest version to get this, lol. Hadnt got a replay saved on WGT Jim, only with Bandicam. Anyway, i asked what happened next because i thought i would get a different result with this shot. My thinking was the wind would carry the ball a good distance. I was even afraid i would lose the ball by going too far, or hitting the back of the bunker and shooting off that way. I was stumped when i saw my shot with the power of just under 155 yards, and with a wind of 27mph like that ending up here. As i know Racoondad from days past, and i know how good a player he is, then i cant argue with his answer. It was spot on RAC. 

This video contains the full shot.

Thanks for all the replies folks, guess im still learning after 2 years. Cheers.

IMO, the result was not totally surprising...

The wind was 27 mph from behind, but it was quartering..In my calculations, that only equates to about 6-7 yards of extra carry...Hence, an iron which only carries 153 yards with full bs (uphill), is not enough club on the line you chose..

Personally, I  never fire directly at that flag... (especially with the wind behind me)...I usually try to land just short and right of the hole, and hope for a lil roll up...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:18 PM

I'm not a better player, but you seem to have over compensated for the wind. The ball flight didn't change much from where you were aiming. If you would've just hit that shot without compensating for the wind at all, and used the same iron, and power, the wind would have carried the ball to the right just enough for the ball to land and slowly roll down off the slope to the hole. I estimate the wind would have pushed the ball 9 to 12 yards to the right of hole with that wind.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:30 PM

I dont know about over compensating for the wind Rich, if i had used more distance, i would have been on line for the hole, or close enough. I would normally play to the right and onto the green with that type of shot, but i thought i might as well have a go because i hadnt got many shots left on the ball life, lol.

Im not annoyed with the shot to be truthful Icon, i just thought it was strange and decided to ask here for some thoughts on what happened next. I figured if a top player predicted what happened, then i would know for sure that it was the way it should have been, if you know what i mean, lol. 

If anybody was thinking why i happened to be recording the shot, i was doing it hoping i would have a nice strong round, and i could put it up on the profile page. But that idea went up in smoke after the first few holes, lol. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 4:21 PM

bearclaw27:
    The wind was 27 mph from behind, but it was quartering..In my calculations, that only equates to about 6-7 yards of extra carry

Same here. My thought was the back spin almost cancelled the wind gain and the little elevation happened right at the end of the flight, compounding the shorter carry.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:06 PM

What happened next?

++++++++

I'm guessing you needed to buy a new mouse? hehehe... cheers, Jimmy! :O)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:20 AM

WigerToods2010:

What happened next?

++++++++

I'm guessing you needed to buy a new mouse? hehehe... cheers, Jimmy! :O)

LOL John, but alas not true. Its getting too expensive to replace them all the time :)

RSS