Help › Forums

What happened next?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:20 AM (37 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:36 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    The meter accelerates as it approaches the ding, so i try to click where my cursor is

Off to try that  I'm generally late too.....Andy

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:36 PM

Actually, the meter does accelerate for some club/ball combinations.  The human brain can deal with that so long as there's consistency.  What the human brain can't deal with is random, extreme variations.  

When those conditions are imposed, regardless of whose fault it is, the game becomes unplayable for thinking people.  May as well toss a 12-sided die and hope it comes up 'heads."

Incidentally, it doesn't matter where your cursor is when you click (so long as it's in the game window).  It only matters WHEN you click, and there's a fair amount of variation in when the game will actually notice that you HAVE clicked.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:11 PM

Saw your Eagle on 12 from the beginning of the month.  A repeat would be sweet, but a clank off the stick and back into the bunker would be my kind of result.

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:37 PM

Either off the top of the flag for no apparent reason, or in the bunker cause ya got wtfwgt'd 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:13 AM

Based on you just asking the question leads me to believe you got some wild result. I'm guessing it's up against the stone wall across the road, totally nowhere you would expect. Full bs lands on backside of down slope and takes off like shot out of a cannon.  :-)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:36 AM

Cheers folks. Im having trouble trying to save the result on moviemaker. Every time i click save, my PC reboots, lol. I will get it up asap, cheers.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:19 AM

Use the replay and screenshot the result. It'll have the tracer showing the whole shot.

• Funkyjunkie3000
    722 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:05 AM

lands about 4 yards right slight downslope 1 bounce off the muck finish near the wall?

only a guess :)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:28 AM

Ok, had to uninstall that version of moviemaker, and downloaded the newest version to get this, lol. Hadnt got a replay saved on WGT Jim, only with Bandicam. Anyway, i asked what happened next because i thought i would get a different result with this shot. My thinking was the wind would carry the ball a good distance. I was even afraid i would lose the ball by going too far, or hitting the back of the bunker and shooting off that way. I was stumped when i saw my shot with the power of just under 155 yards, and with a wind of 27mph like that ending up here. As i know Racoondad from days past, and i know how good a player he is, then i cant argue with his answer. It was spot on RAC. 

This video contains the full shot.

Thanks for all the replies folks, guess im still learning after 2 years. Cheers.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:16 AM

Thought the wind would've pushed it clear of bunk...Did ya get up & down ?...Andy

RSS