Help › Forums

Re: Options Resetting....

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:09 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 3:12 PM

Did you opt out of the CD server option when you installed the browser? You might not have noticed it when you installed CD. They use their own secure servers and I ran into problems with them because of the stricter security. 

If you want to see whether or not you're using them follow this.

• Start/Control Panel/Network and Sharing.
    •  Click View Status of your connection.Select properties
    • Locate TCP/IP4 in the list
    • Click properties
    • If CD servers are being used you will see an IP address in the "use this" box.
    • To change this simply select "Obtain DNS server address automatically." This is the default setting that CD changes when you install it.

I don't know that that will solve your problem but we're running out of places to look.  ;-)

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 7:46 PM

Sounds like you have a 3rd party software cleaning up your harddrive daily. Maybe CCleaner or PC Mechanic etc etc ...Once you figure out what software is doing that you can then fix your issue. Its not going to matter what Browser you use if that 3rd party software is doing maintanence automatically.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:43 PM

YankeeJim:

• If CD servers are being used you will see an IP address in the "use this" box.
    • To change this simply select "Obtain DNS server address automatically." This is the default setting that CD changes when you install it.

I don't know that that will solve your problem but we're running out of places to look.  ;-)

I just changed mine to obtain DNS server address automatically.  And since mine doesn't get reset everytime I close my browser, I doubt this will fix TD's issue.

and since his said he has no extensions, my idea goes out the window too.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:47 PM

YankeeJim:

Man, TD, I've been all over the CD site looking for some other setting that would do that. Everything keeps coming back to that Content Settings tab.

This is what mine looks like, just to make sure. 

How about clicking on "manage exceptions"......it maybe set to clear on exit for WGT

Or, if there is nothing there, maybe you can add www.wgt.com or something like that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:22 AM

hpurey:
    Or, if there is nothing there, maybe you can add www.wgt.com or something like that.

I didn't have wgt.com listed there but added it anyway when I made those screenshots. PJC's take is close to what I was thinking about those servers.

@TD-This is basic and I'm sure you know about it but it falls into the "no stone unturned" category. Right click on the Play Now tab and select Settings. The wgt.com box from the Flash Global Settings panel pops up. Make sure you have it set to at least 100 KBs. Set to zero, it effectively says no to WGT storing anything on your computer, namely your settings. (Fingers crossed.)  ;-)

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:30 AM

One thing I have learned with computers is that nothing is certain :)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:09 AM

YankeeJim:
    @TD-This is basic and I'm sure you know about it but it falls into the "no stone unturned" category. Right click on the Play Now tab and select Settings. The wgt.com box from the Flash Global Settings panel pops up. Make sure you have it set to at least 100 KBs. Set to zero, it effectively says no to WGT storing anything on your computer, namely your settings. (Fingers crossed.)  ;-)

Funny thing is, I totally blew that thought off.  lol....  When it comes to troubleshooting, first step should always be check the stupid stuff first.  

Example: True story

Wife calls me while I'm at work.  

Wife:  My laptop isn't working, nothing happens when I push the on button and I think it's broken.

Me:  Is the battery charged?

Wife:  Yes, the cable is in the side of it,  never took it out.

Me:  How about the other end of that cable?

Wife:  Never mind, I fixed it. 

ROTFL

Any luck TD?

• PAGES
RSS