Forums

Help › Forums

Re: just wondering

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:43 PM (23 replies)
  • SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:40 PM

Well I get disconnected multiple times every time I try playing, and yet I'm still at 100%. I guess it's because I actually reconnect to the games I disconnect from :)

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 4:51 PM

Theoretically, it's percentage of completion of games.  If you didn't complete a game, whether by quitting or forfeiting or through no fault of your own (your system or connection, for instance), this should reflect in your percentage.  Delaying the game for 5 to 15 minutes for the remaining players is a pain in the butt, whether it's intentional or equipment related.

On the other hand, no penalty should be assessed if the disconnection is WGT's fault, and no penalty should be assessed against the partner of the one who disconnected.  No penalty should be assessed against the waiters if WGT eventually cancels participation, whatever the reason.

It's a good idea.  WGT has yet to implement it properly and fairly.

Frankly, I don't want to play with a person having disconnection problems, even if they never quit on purpose.  I will like the feature if it ever works properly.  In the meantime, I avoid multiplayer games unless there are credits involved.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:25 PM

Casman63:

So, just to answer my question in simple terms,

the higher this %, the less lkely they are to disconnect or quit game?

Yes.

But be careful to judge the lower %%.

High %% also includes that they were lucky not to play with disconnectors and quitters, because such fate would have dropped their %% without their "guilt", them sitting defencelessly before "your partner/opponent left" / in the lobby / at a frozen game.

In every interrupted MP game, there is one "culprit" and one, two or three innocent victims. They all lose the same %%. Thus, low %% are more likely to show innocent victims than the true disconnectors/quitters.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:43 PM

bubbadork:

It's a good idea.  WGT has yet to implement it properly and fairly.

Agreed. Besides the discrimination between "culprits" and "victims", it's essential that the old and new programming flaws are eliminiated. Strokeplay, Skin and Blitz games may well continue if one player leaves. Alas, the latter have been known long time for notorious crashes in such situations, and the Strokeplay lobby seemingly interrupts a lot of games with "unexpected errors".

Fixing these would contribute largely to proper implementation, but I won't bet on any completion date.

bubbadork:
    Frankly, I don't want to play with a person having disconnection problems, even if they never quit on purpose.

You'll have a hard time identifying them now because the majority of drops are innocent ones.

bubbadork:
    I will like the feature if it ever works properly.  In the meantime, I avoid multiplayer games unless there are credits involved.
    Careful with this one! If both/all players experience a forced forfeit / screen freeze, the only winner will be The Company.

RSS