Forums

Help › Forums

just wondering

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:43 PM (23 replies)
  • swh67
    1,491 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:40 AM

either way u explain it ...while we are getting % takin off thru other ppl / site / flash,browser etc not just ourselves , this leads to a misinterpretation of players connections & integrity,

if u mainly play multi then u look like a quitter or u hav a bad connection all the time, so while the other probs as well as your connection hav trouble, this all adds up and black flags ppl falsely , i though i read that wgt are taking it away anyhow...

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:46 AM

YankeeJim:

alosso:
    It's exactly what SD said.

No , it isn't. It goes by connections, not games completed. People are trying to turn this stat into a quitter thing and it's more than that. It goes to how reliable your connection is in a game as much as it does by you purposely quitting.

Pardon me, but I'm not talking "quitters" at all.

It goes to a lot more players than named by your definition. In any match or A/S, the whole group is affected due to the nature of the game, other are affected due to system weaknesses in all the other MP games.

The %% drops whenever a player doesn't complete such game, without looking at the reason, and it comes up by completed games, within the 30 games count.

You agree?

Incomplete games may be due to loss of a player's connection or him voluntarily ending the game prematurly (by quitting, forfeiting, possibly even by conceding), or due to defencelessly being faced with a premature end by (1) connection loss, quitting, forfeiting of any other player in the group, and WGT bugs.

You agree?

Part of the reasons which I gave in the first half (those underlined) are covered by your statement and would be reasonable IMHO, all the others aren't, turning it to the bad.

Starting with mark (1) are the innocent victims which will be marked in the same way than the "culprit". As I proved, they are more than the legit hits of the %%.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:50 AM

mantis0014:

It's suppose to show the people who quits games too many times.

That's what many expect because it is what we wanted.

Alas, WGT has clearly stated from the start that it counts (in)complete games (see news from Aug 29).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:46 AM

alosso:
    Pardon me, but I'm not talking "quitters" at all.

This is where I was going. You're right the way you point it out, there's no way to distinguish quitters from connection issues. I just don't think it's a very good indication of whether or not a player is going to actually quit. I never quit and I'm down to 90% just from one day of computer problems on my end. 

I suppose it's better than nothing. WGT seems to be impressed with it.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:49 AM

YankeeJim:

I never quit and I'm down to 90% just from one day of computer problems on my end. 

I suppose it's better than nothing. WGT seems to be impressed with it.

You validate local problems equal to quitting which is o.k. from a very unemotional stranger's point of view. Alas, I didn't get your agreement regarding the majority(!) of "false positives" it creates.

You might have dropped to 90% only because of other players' problems.
    Frankly said: Your problems drew others down, too!

You see this side?

OTOH, Pizza acknowledged my worries that it's far from good - WGT knows!

Edit: It will only be better than nothing if at least the problems immanent in the system are eliminated, i.e. forced non-returns from the new stroke play lobby and the old probs killing Blitz and Skins.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:42 AM

alosso:

Most definitely. To be clear, this feature is working as originally intended. After receiving feedback and watching the feature work as intended, we found that there is room for improvement.

It is, in my opinion, far from achieving it's true potential. It's a start though - a foundation for us to work on. Keep the feedback coming and like everything else in WGT we will grow and change this feature :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:47 AM

alosso:

You see this side?

Which is why I originally said the % doesn't necessarily go to games completed.  :-)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:06 PM

YankeeJim:

alosso:

You see this side?

Which is why I originally said the % doesn't necessarily go to games completed.  :-)

Why do you think so? Those players were unable to complete their games - completion %% drops!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:11 PM

WGTpizza:

alosso:

Most definitely. To be clear, this feature is working as originally intended. After receiving feedback and watching the feature work as intended, we found that there is room for improvement.

It is, in my opinion, far from achieving it's true potential. It's a start though - a foundation for us to work on. Keep the feedback coming and like everything else in WGT we will grow and change this feature :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

I claim a win in "buzzword bingo"!

(glad to have found the alternative word lol)

• Casman63
    12 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:40 PM

So, just to answer my question in simple terms,

the higher this %, the less lkely they are to disconnect or quit game?

RSS