Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Consistency

Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:32 AM (6 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:12 PM

Nothing is perfect (when it's done by humans).  Thank God we tend to long for perfection, which is not bad, but it shouldn't become our doom either.

Everytime I feel like playing WGT, I prepare my whole mindset for perfection, knowing that I have to embrace errors :  Mine, my oponent's, and for Christ's sake, WGT's as well.

Lately, since I performed about nineny five percent of computer, browser and internet enhancements, advised by players and WGT administrators, the game engine is running the smoothest ever (for me), but still things like this keep happening here and there :

I am warming up before getting into a stroke, match or alt game.  Play a solo game and everything's nice.  Then I create a blitz and this gentleman from Philippines, a Master player named Santiago124 accepts the invitation, and we start a very nice game.  I am having a near-perfect run but suddenly ... HOOAWZZZ ! ... my meter plays one of those sticky tricks that make us loose our dream-like run.  My ball breaks completely out of bounce ... and right there is when one must remember this :

Nothing is perfect, specially when it's done by humans.  I am ready to accept errors as part of my performance, my opponent's performance and WGT-Flash-Internet's performance as well.  So, I resolved to ENJOY  life (and play) with gratitude as it is, share our lows with respect, measure and consideration.  To jump on one foot when everything comes out near perfect.  But  I no longer expect perfection (while looking for it tho).

Instead !  ...  I can expect consistency, which from my end has been very highly achieved by some WGT players and this beautiful game-engine.

Let's keep having fun fellas.  I really hope that each one of us find our most consistant game possible.

Anyone for a cigar and a game ?

AJ - Quijotazo

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:25 PM

Great Post AJ, and a great attitude.

Arnold Palmer once said in any round he expects 3 bad shots, one has to forget them and focus on the next shot. I have a slightly different attitude, in any round I expect to hit 3 great shots and I will forget the rest lol

The key in this game is to optimize your PC for the game and try to have (and I am guilty of not doing this) very little else running on your PC, then consistency can be acheived the vast majority of the time and perfection can be dreamed of or aspired to.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:47 PM

Nice  post  and message , i would sure like ,one of them MONTECARLO HAVANA Cigars   :)   Frapp

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 3:00 PM

Quijotazo:
    Nothing is perfect, specially when it's done by humans.  I am ready to accept errors as part of my performance, my opponent's performance and WGT-Flash-Internet's performance as well.  So, I resolved to ENJOY  life (and play) with gratitude as it is, share our lows with respect, measure and consideration.  To jump on one foot when everything comes out near perfect.  But  I no longer expect perfection (while looking for it tho).

What a commendable disposition about how you spend your recreational time on this planet!  :)

I am very glad to hear that you are able to stay cognizant that you are in fact human, and if you put a human on an online video game there is a multitude of reasons for failure. We promise to keep doing everything we can do perfect the system from our end, and I hope you continue to be the positive and constructive force we have come to know on these forums, Quijotazo!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 3:25 PM

WGTpizza:
    I hope you continue to be the positive and constructive force we have come to know on these forums, Quijotazo!

Yeah, he is also a very lucky golfer too....how else would you explain my loss earlier ?.... :)  Andy

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:29 AM

alcaucin:

Yeah, he is also a very lucky golfer too....how else would you explain my loss earlier ?.... :)

Watch out Spain ! ... there's a crazy Englishman there ! ... Cheers buddy !

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:32 AM

WGTpizza:

We promise to keep doing everything we can do perfect the system from our end ...

Cheers for that Pizza ! ... I think some of us know you are, and keep expecting better things to come ;)

RSS