Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cabo #18

Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:47 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:10 AM

I agree a tough hole, I tend to deliberately lay up below the hole, and not attack the pin on approach, however I do have a vid of sinking that hole for eagle from 122yards in a RG, but that was more luck rather than skill I think haha

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 1:28 AM

DrussTheLegend:

A good tip that I picked up off Kriztjan is to hit the drive into the waste bunker right of the fairway (just above the beach).  

Normally leaves you with a sandy 15% or 20% lie - BUT with an almost direct line at the pin.  The lie will take off most of the spin and if you hit a bump and run you should be able to keep it below (right of) the hole.  Don't overcook the shot or you are left up on the shelf above the hole. 

I tried this theory,  very good theory too.

Drive left me 113yrd from pin. 15/20% lie and a straight shot to the pin.. 10mph cross wind.  Approach shot was a bit short... 18ft with 8 uphill (I think..something like that...lol)  and a right to left roll (slightly fast, but not too bad)

Birdie putt... stop just short... tap in for easy par.

Looks like this is the go :)

Thks again for all the tips everybody :)

-Roger

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:37 AM

Just played an 18 hole cabo RG

on the 18th I just layed up below the hole, I thought about using that idea but decided not too haha, layed up to about 4-5yards, putted up the hill just missed, then tapped in. I think its the safest way to do it

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 6:01 PM

I tried the sand theory again...  The Drive landed in the deeper sand (not good...lol).  135yrd from pin... I thought that might be still ok. ... nope... 2nd shot didn't clear it and landed in the lighter sand.

3rd shot below the hole as before.... but I sunk the putt this time for par.

Practice make perfect....  the good sand to land is ok... 

This is still a very good way to play the hole... for me anyway.... I know now I can sink those 20ft putts uphill.

I always played the fairway...  then 2nd on..   but the approach is looking sideways to the green...  if your not spot on with the 2nd... then your in trouble.

when in the sand... you are looking directly to the pin... straight shot (depending on wind ) and is a better approach to green, if you find the lighter sand.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:47 PM

I'm still going for the sand off the Tee... The darker shade sand that is... get in the lighter shade and it's not good.

The results have been very good sofar and thanks again for the Tip :).

This time though... bad 2nd shot... git a flyer... my bad.

The worst possible place to land the ball... just off the green... but a great result.....lol

Flop Shot

-Roger

• PAGES
RSS