Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forums' Madness

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:05 PM (3 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 12:38 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen; good friends all.  Am I being too naive when I say that these forums where created with a good purpose, other than becoming a WGT-Facebook-childish place ? I rather to think of it as a place to find help and answers, certain rapport with others that might be going through our same issues and find interesting opinions, news and information. 

I can understand when a new player feels the need to complaint about something.  We all went through that at our own time before, and WGT or some other nice player helped us with our inquiries.  I don't see why we shouldn't do our best to keep those good intentions on.

I still resent an old battle with an advanced player that only used sarcasm as his best language on these forums.  I don't know if anyone is longing for some kind of Paris Hilton's celebrity status by being the most funny and popular, while making some new player feel disappointed, specially when he felt compelled to say or ask about something that you are supposed to know by now ? And all he receives is bad jokes and dark humor ?

The same way we all like good things, being well treated and to clean our own game on the field, let's do our best to keep a clean, fresh and -why not- funny ambiance on this side of the course too.

AJ - Quijotazo

Cheers !

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 12:57 PM

Quijotazo:
    The same way we all like good things, being well treated and to clean our own game on the field, let's do our best to keep a clean, fresh and -why not- funny ambiance on this side of the course too.

Great post, Quijotazo!

It's difficult for some people to not get sucked in to an argument on a forum. When someone says something they take offense to, it's in writing, staring at them from their computer screen. It's much easier to ignore some offensive words you just heard.

That being said, everyone would do well to take a page out of Quijotazo's book. His posting is clear, concise, and constructive. He is constantly giving good advice and when he makes mistakes he accepts them with grace and humility. Furthermore, he stays cognizant of the fact that he is here to play a video game, not run for office or win a popularity contest.

Let's keep the community a fun, productive place that is free of the "facebook" politics we all abhor.

I would gladly have a pint with you, sir  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:02 PM

Agreed for the most part but....

Dark humour can be funny..and..

Sometimes as in irl, you get out of bed the wrong side so you don't give up your seat on the busy train, the person on the checkout who drops their groceries..will have to pick them up themselves...

And yes posts/ers may not always get the response they deserve....but on the whole I think the Forum fulfills its role admirably with regard to the goals you set out above.

Interesting as always AJ.....

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:05 PM

I still resent an old battle with an advanced player that only used sarcasm as his best language on these forums. I don't know if anyone is longing for some kind of Paris Hilton's celebrity status by being the most funny and popular, while making some new player feel disappointed, specially when he felt compelled to say or ask about something that you are supposed to know by now ? And all he receives is bad jokes and dark humor ?                                                                                                               this ought to drag them out of the woodwork - you know who you are                                                                                                                  

RSS