Forums

Help › Forums

Re: legend

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 23 2012 5:25 AM (8 replies)
  • onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:11 PM

Let me start by saying that I love this game and take all help offered here as very kind.

been here for 2 and a half years, with over 700 ranked games... playing for fun, not expecting anything else but a good time.

Went into a blitz game today, cost me a few hundred credits and got killed by a legend that made legend in 9 weeks of play.He finished with a hole in one.

This smells a little "strange" Either i really suck at this game, or i need to give up my job and play all day to get that kind of score.

Giving up my job, kids and all my spare time is the only way i could get to that type of game play in such a short time. None of the above is gonna happen any time soon...

Just asking you fine folks if you have come across this type of player.

All the best to you all.

onlymarsden2

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:15 PM

well , nine weeks is mighty fast .. i cannot form an opinion on this player, cause i can't investigate his/her stats ..

multi accounter ? .. maybe .. but one cannot say that definitively .. maybe this person is just really talented ? and have been at it 24/7 .. who knows .. lookin' at a players scoring history and stats might give a better indication of whats up .. but again, that might result in pure speculation ..

i can tellya i did it in 12 weeks .. or 2 & 1/2 months .. and i didn't play 24/7 either .. not even close .. since i work full-time & got a life to lead outside of this game .. lol

yet i've been heckled a few times in the forums as well over my "quick" ascent to legend ..

i can tellya it is possible .. if i can do it in a couple hours a day, and i mean couple, as in maybe 2 .. then someone who goes at it like a madman can do it in less .. possibly even less than 9 weeks ..

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:32 PM

Well I've only been a Legend a week but a few weeks ago while a T/M I played a Pro who had only been on WGT for 4 weeks. We played a M/P game on Oakmont which I'm sure most folk would agree is a tough course and takes many hours of practice just to finish on level par.

I went 2 up only because he said his meter was acting up but then he proceeded to get to get back to A/S and won the game 1up.

As this was a friendly game I wasn't that bothered. It's just that when I think back to when I was on WGT for 4 weeks there's no way on God's green earth I could have beatn a Hack on Oakmont . . . never mind a T/M.

I suppose it's the hurt pride that makes you think "this dude must be a multi-accounter" but no doubt some folk just pick things up quicker than others. I've seen my sons join gaming websites and in no time at all they're beating everyone.

As for Blitz games . . . they're an entirely different entity in my view and a lot easier to master in a shorter period of time.

Sport is littered with underdog stories . . . Boris Becker enters Wimbledon as a 17 year old unseeded player and ends up winning it. Did people say "C'mon Boris . . . you must have played tennis in a previous life!"

Well . . . maybe they did :)

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:28 PM

chris5214:
    i can tellya it is possible .. if i can do it in a couple hours a day, and i mean couple, as in maybe 2 .. then someone who goes at it like a madman can do it in less .. possibly even less than 9 weeks

I saw one person do it in a little over a month. But he entered a monthly unlimited tourney as a pro and played the same tourney from same tees umpfteen times all the way to legend. Must have felt like a real fool after getting to back tees and having no short tees monthly available to him the next month.

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 9:01 PM

Let me be clear. I did'nt say he was a multi- accounter in my post. Please read it again lobsterboy.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 10:02 PM

PUHOLINO:

chris5214:
    i can tellya it is possible .. if i can do it in a couple hours a day, and i mean couple, as in maybe 2 .. then someone who goes at it like a madman can do it in less .. possibly even less than 9 weeks

I saw one person do it in a little over a month. But he entered a monthly unlimited tourney as a pro and played the same tourney from same tees umpfteen times all the way to legend. Must have felt like a real fool after getting to back tees and having no short tees monthly available to him the next month.

yeah, thats just silly .. i'd go nuts if i didn't move around onto all the courses all the time

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:15 AM

I see nothing "smelly" in the story. There are ways to achieve this within the WGT rules (talent, 2nd account...), so be it.

In opposite, it's an honest achievement. He plays the tier corresponding to his skills. Nobody wants to see anyone with these skills in the Pro department.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 5:25 AM

onlymarsden2:
    I did'nt say he was a multi- accounter in my post

Never said you did . . . "you" was used as in "one", "anyone" "people in general". . .  although by saying "this smells a little strange" it could be construde that you did . .

RSS