Forums

Help › Forums

Re: QUITTER !

Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:59 PM (5 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 8:43 AM

Ok.  I am officially back to my worst WGT nightmare :  The uncontrollable drop of my %.  After a beautiful month and a half of perfect games with 100% of reliability on my part and WGT's, now I just can't do anything to stop my % from dropping miserably.  So, maybe now you can call me a QUITTER, because when this happens to you in WGT there's nothing you can do to recuperate from it in a steady way.  Right now, that % system (that I completely despise) is pointing at me with the finger saying :  "Quijotazo ... you are a quitter".  And I am even prepared for any thread responding this post saying :  "Yes Quijotazo, I played with you and you quitted our game ....."

What can I say ?  This keeps been the only rock in my shoes while playing with WGT.  I am a grateful player.  I appreciate everything this game has to offer.  I have spent good money while having a great time, fun games and fellowship.  And I really don't have a problem for being disconnected or if another player does.  My only problem and consistent complaint keeps being that if WGT is rating us with this %, giving-punishing us with a numbered reliability as players who finish games, shouldn't there be a way to recover games that get lost due to technical problems and not personal decisions ?

So, to all my friends that really know my gentleman-like behaviour on the (virtual) field and out of it, I hereby state that you can call me a quitter indeed, since from now I quit trying to keep a good percentage of game completion.  If you want to play with me I promise my most inner and personal commitment to finish ALL MY GAMES. But I cannot commit myself assuring that WGT, or Flash, or servers, or the internet, or the maya calendar, or whatever else is not gonna fail preventing us from finish a game we all love playing.

Very sincerely (and well documented),

AJ - Quijotazo, a currently 83% quitter and droping ... that makes me sad.

bjAEFAqdbB6B WVKeI3 .htp

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 9:21 AM

Don't sweat it AJ,

I have finished every match other than one.  I sit a 90%.  No one really cares about that % unless you are below 60%.  That's when people go hmm.

Quijotazo:
    shouldn't there be a way to recover games that get lost due to technical problems and not personal decisions ?

They have, it is the 5 minute lobby.

Rich

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 9:31 AM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

Quijotazo:
    shouldn't there be a way to recover games that get lost due to technical problems and not personal decisions ?

They have, it is the 5 minute lobby. Rich

Thank you Rich.  I know about the 5 minute wait on matches, but when the system gives you the GAME ERROR message is when I say that we should have the option I mention.  Good day my friend.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:45 AM

I commiserate you but there's no cure.

The company is still on the hunt for new features, sandbagger's nightmare, friends lists modifications, ?new courses? etc.

OTOH, there is hardly a reaction on the singular complaints about their flaws and never a promise regarding a repair. It's my humble opinion that they have these thing on low priority, low-low and low-low-low (some name it classification verticale (French), Rundablage (German)).

Ah - I almost forgot: This feature works as intended - there's no need to listen to any unreasonable whining.

Call me for a game, my friend - we'll work on your dreaded %%!

Warning: contains harmful sarcasms

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:41 PM

Q..I have also seen the infamous GAME ERROR screen. Many many times in the weeks following WGT's last update.  This is only a suggestion, it has worked for me. I immediately close that window. Click back to my profile page. Then, i click  PLAY NOW. After a "new" window has opened & loaded.  I see the game in which I was just ejected from.  Maybe this will work for you too.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:59 PM

rjs1969:

Q..I have also seen the infamous GAME ERROR screen. Many many times in the weeks following WGT's last update.  This is only a suggestion, it has worked for me. I immediately close that window. Click back to my profile page. Then, i click  PLAY NOW. After a "new" window has opened & loaded.  I see the game in which I was just ejected from.  Maybe this will work for you too.

Thank you very much rjs.  This sounds very good to try next time that happens ;)

RSS