Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clicking on WGT site and being redirected to a separate site..

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:34 PM (5 replies)
  • ASE031
    71 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:06 PM

Has anyone else experienced this lately, in the past couple of days? I dont have any spyware/adware running on my computer. I will click on "Forums" and instead be taken to an entirely separate site from WGT. It seems to happen more in the "Earn Free Credits" area when clicking on the tabs to watch videos or do surveys, etc. Im not a complainer but this is rather annoying and needs to be fixed.

Edit: to be completely clear, Im not talking about when clicking on a video or an ad.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:24 PM

It happens in the "earn Free Credits" area because those are 3rd party offers. Clicking on the videos or shopping offers takes you their website because it's those companies that buy those credits for you.

• ASE031
    71 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:19 PM

No, I mean when clicking on a tab that is on the WGT site. Of course I know clicking on an ad will take me to a separate site... Say I click on "Forums" at the top right of the page (wgt.com), nearly 10% of the time, it takes me to a random page.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 4:54 AM

You might try flushing your DNS cache, in case it got corrupted.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:38 AM

ASE031:
    No, I mean when clicking on a tab that is on the WGT site.

Hey ASE031, sorry to hear you are having trouble navigating our site. Try performing some browser maintenance, especially Clearing Your Flash Cache. Try that one first, and if you don't see an improvement, try Clearing Your Cache and Clearing Your Cookies.

Then, come back and let us know the results :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• ASE031
    71 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:34 PM

WGTpizza:

ASE031:
    No, I mean when clicking on a tab that is on the WGT site.

Hey ASE031, sorry to hear you are having trouble navigating our site. Try performing some browser maintenance, especially Clearing Your Flash Cache. Try that one first, and if you don't see an improvement, try Clearing Your Cache and Clearing Your Cookies.

Then, come back and let us know the results :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

I believe clearing cache & cookies has worked. It hasnt happened since I took the other poster's advice. Thanks :)

I also think using Opera couldve been a factor since its not supported by WGT, maybe the website code and links were getting jumbled from ad's being blocked, or displaying the site differently etc.

RSS