Help › Forums

Deleted Post

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:06 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:38 PM

Appreciate the feedback guys.  Doesn't sound like Win8 is the answer.

Richard4168:
    I'm not sure switching to Windows 8 will help you find meter solace. You have something causing a conflict in your machine. It could very well be a Trojan virus, or you bought a computer that turned out to be a lemon in more ways then one. Viruses affect a computer in different ways.

Richard,

I understand you rationale but the computer is squeaky clean.  As stated before it also runs every other app or game without a flaw.  My techie even says it plays WoW better than most he's seen.  If there is a Flash conflict I don't understand how it can run Flash other games perfectly.

Was just hoping to hear some folks say the game is great with Win8 because I've exhausted every avenue I know of currently.

Be well guys and thanks again.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:13 PM

Jake - when I first upgraded from XP to Windows 7 I thought I had made a HUGE error because the meter just wouldn't respond correctly.  I through some trial and error with some of the display settings was able to get it to work perfectly.  I get the occasional meter stutter - one in every 7 or 8 rounds - but it works well enough that I don't have to worry about it.  It is possible in other words - but does take some tweaking unfortunately. 

Another issue I had was the mouse.  The default polling rate with Win7 is too slow and half the time the mouse clicks would delay before being recognized by the system.  I upgraded to a mouse with software that allows the polling rate to be set and again was able to get it to work correctly.  

I know that you don't want suggestions like this but it seems that this is what is needed to make the game run smoothly.  If you haven't tried the Maxthon3 browser you might give it a try.  I have definitely had my best success with it as have many others.

Good luck Jake - and hopefully it won't run you off.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:18 PM

jakestanfill7:
    If there is a Flash conflict I don't understand how it can run Flash other games perfectly.

The flash delay may not be a problem with other games, I bet none of them has a running meter that needs to be stopped the exact time you click the mouse. W7 and 8 are (when it comes to flash) like a drivers ed instructor, who insists you buckle up, adjust your seat and check your mirrors before you take off. On the other hand, W XP just sits beside you and goes "yeehaawwwww".

P.S.: I can't say what OSs do in combo with other browsers, I've always used IE on every machine and all my comments are based on using IE.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:25 PM

I had the same problems as you Jake. I had to test some things out, but I found a solution. My laptop is worse than yours. It's an i3 processor. That alone should tell you I'm not on a good machine.

Step 1 - Download Advanced System Care

Step 2 - Run both the Quick Care & Deep Care

Step 3 - Activate the Turbo Boost, then disable everything.

If you need live help, HMU on Skype @wgtbuggyyy. I would love to help out. I would hate to see one of the best players in WGT history have to quit the game because of meter problems.

There are some additional details I would like to go over that are to complex to write down.

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:21 PM

Aside from general ease of access (specifically with a touch screen), I don't see what benefits Win 8 would give you in terms of your WGT playing experience. More features yes! But then features don't help us hit the ding or lower our scores :-) And furthermore.. there is more process's running under the hood of 8 which brings computer specs into play a bit more. I would strongly consider portioning your drive and go with a couple different OS boot options. GL

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:04 PM

Buggyyy:

I had the same problems as you Jake. I had to test some things out, but I found a solution. My laptop is worse than yours. It's an i3 processor. That alone should tell you I'm not on a good machine.

Step 1 - Download Advanced System Care

Step 2 - Run both the Quick Care & Deep Care

Step 3 - Activate the Turbo Boost, then disable everything.

If you need live help, HMU on Skype @wgtbuggyyy. I would love to help out. I would hate to see one of the best players in WGT history have to quit the game because of meter problems.

There are some additional details I would like to go over that are to complex to write down.

Thanks for the advice and the kind words Buggyyy.  Unfortunately I routinely run ASC Pro 6 and all that you mentioned. It does help but that means getting down to 4-6 spikes per side instead of every other swing.

From the sounds of it XP seems to work best for folks.  Think I'm going to try to pick up a cheap copy and create a dual boot.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:15 PM

yep ive always played on  an XP machine with IE. never had a problem since running ASC and gamebooster. ran into huge problems when i installed win7 here with stutters and god knows what. went back to XP and only things i suffer now are mega VEM-based wtf shots. no more stutters tho lol.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:49 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Think I'm going to try to pick up a cheap copy and create a dual boot.

Email me your address and I'll have it in the mail to you tomorrow

• PAGES
RSS