Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hello To All

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 15 2012 1:15 AM (8 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 4:28 PM

Thought I would take a few minutes to say hello to all WGT members. There are several of us on here, who seem to be the talky ones on the forums. For the ones who just play along and never say anything, Hello. I hope your having fun and making some friends. If you read the forums, and never comment, then you either have a great feeling of this game, or you feel it is a waste of time and money. I just learned how to use a computer 3 years ago. I am an Old School SOB, who said I didn't need this fancy, smancy electronic nonsense, My Grand son turned me on to a computer and showed me a few things. I found WGT and have made some of the best friendships I have had in my life. I don't know if my best friends are what they say they are, the sex they are, or do what they do for a living. At this point it doesn't matter. You can be whatever you want on a computer. Facts, I am sixty years old, been married to the same girl for 42 years, have 3 grown kids, 7 grand kids, still work, play a little real golf, love my beer, had to give up my Jack Daniels because my liver got pissed off at me, smoke camels, and play WGT for $hits and grins. I have spent a lot of money on this little computer game. Most of it has been for gifts and congrat presents to my friends as well as total strangers. A lot has come back to me, by strangers. I was gifted a set of R11's last year by a great player who I had never spoken to. I am still in his debt, and have him as a friend. What I'm trying to say is, don't take this game serious, take it as a chance to make friends, have a little release from the daily grind, and just enjoy life. There are so many wonderful people on here. And yes I do have pet squirrels in the house. Have raised several for over 35 years.

Renni

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:01 PM

So much for Hello. If it isn't a *** or complaint, seems to be no response anymore.

• xSweetCarolinex
    274 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:58 PM

Well, for what it's worth, I LOVED your hello :)))

Caroline

x

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:16 PM

renniw52:
    There are so many wonderful people on here.

Nothing to respond to, except to say you are one of those wonderful people and this is a great post. I'm also one of those who was very surprised to find what I consider some real friendships with people I'll most likely never meet IRL and be able to knock down a couple of cold ones with them. I never thought this was possible before I started playing here.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 5:04 PM

Well, hello to 2 so far, I try to be nice. Don't always work, but I try.

• inthedr1nk
    28 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 11:42 PM

Hello Mr. Renniw52, I just started playing a few months ago and have met many wonderful people here so far, a few sour apples but that goes with the territory. Like you I love my beer too but I haven't drank enough in my young years (27) for my liver to be that pissed off yet, but the time will come. Good luck on the links sir.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:14 AM

Hi Rennie,

I have read many of your posts and usually agree with what you have to say, and I am sure the whole community appreciates your input  too. Sure from time to time we all have differing viewpoints, thats the great thing, so the neutral observer can sit back and make an informed decision.

A great introduction to gain an insight to the person rather than just words on a screen so the WGT community should thank your grandson.

There are some great people out there playing this game, some whom I will hopefully meet one day and have a real game of golf, when we do, if we crack a drive down the middle we can yell DING.

As you say, enjoy the game, for thats what it is and should be played for enjoyment.

• barbarella24
    513 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:58 AM

Hello to all,

I rarely post on the forums, mostly CC forum if I do, I am an avid reader though. I thoroughly enjoy WGT and most topics on the forum so thank you to those that post regularly. I have gained much knowledge from you all.

Thx

bb

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 1:15 AM

renniw52:

So much for Hello. If it isn't a *** or complaint, seems to be no response anymore.

lolol

Hi Ren...

tbe

RSS