Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just a thought

Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:03 AM (5 replies)
  • SOP45YRS
    34 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:28 AM

I think it would add a little more thrill to the game, if we could have gallery cheers for making a birdie, or a nice drive and so forth. Would really be fun in a alternate shot format, or stroke play and such. Just a thought.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:25 PM

I play with the sound off so I can listen to Planet Rock Radio while playing but that's not a bad shout for folk who don't. I never even knew why it was called a ding until recently when I forgot to turn the sound off and hit the mark and heard a ding sound lol 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:55 PM

Its not for me, the more options available and used the greater the chance of meter issues. But i do see your point.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:40 PM

As long as it has an off switch.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:36 AM

Lobsterboy:
    I play with the sound off so I can listen to Planet Rock Radio while playing

Try 'Absolute Classic Rock', good station too..(helps me fous) (: ..Andy

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:03 AM

One of WGTs competitors has macros that allow competitors to applaud each other's good shots and results. It adds a nice touch to the game.

To have the game do it automatically would be very tiring in a hurry. Especially for those who are consistently scoring in the low 60s and the 50s. People would almost be forced to turn their sound off if WGT didn't also program an on/off switch to the feature.

I also wonder if it would be a feature that would really add value to the WGT experience for a large enough segment of the membership to make programming it worthwhile. I definitely don't see it providing any return on the investment WGT would have to make adding the feature

RSS