Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My game needs help :)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:08 PM (8 replies)
  • mysciatica
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:18 PM

Hello, my name is David White and reside in Cincinnati Ohio and have never actually played a round of Golf for real but this is cool. I am looking for a group that has diminished expectations of high scores and talent. I am looking for some fun and a moderate progression of ability. If I can help a group or someone is willing to bring on a diamond in the ruff, let me know.

Thanks 

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:35 PM

Hello , the best thing for a player like you ,is to go to Country Club Corner  ,   have a good look,  there are clubs taking AM Pro and up ,  they  will   help you  , and take the time to look at the FAQ,s ,  its  the way in to this game :)   good luck , have  fun  >

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:57 PM

+1 Very sound advice from Frappefort. Also most players are happy to give tips to new players, so never be afraid to ask when playing any form of the game.

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 1:56 AM

You have already recieved some sound advice.. A couple thngs that have worked for me besides playing a lot of practce rounds have been playnig Blitz and readng everything avaliable.. My shots from the fairway and out of the rough have improved because of Blitz.. I also joined a CC and there are a lot really good players there who have been quite helpful.. As a matter of fact we are looking for active players right now.. If you want go to my profile find the CC and leave a post on the owners profile.. He's YCFC and he's a top notch guy.. I thnk the only requirement is that you play at least one tournament a week..  We have Am members and you won't be Am long if you really like this game.. TTYL..

• mysciatica
    4 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:09 PM

Thank you. someone has sent me a invitation to join their group. I think this was a smart move on my part. It is good to see s many friendly people, nice.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:58 PM

Also, never be afraid to ask questions in the main forum, too.  I am a proud member of Everybody's Chuckling and can tell you the information/help I've received from players in there is a very large part to why I made Legend recently.  However, not to be dismissed is the general forum.  Some of the best information came straight from many of the frequent flyers you find posting in these threads, too.

Ask in both places, and may you find what you're looking for.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:48 PM

Choppography:
    However, not to be dismissed is the general forum.  Some of the best information came straight from many of the frequent flyers you find posting in these threads, too.

Firstly congrats Choppo on legend status. And very true, there is a wealth of great information in here and I am always grateful for the advice the frequent flyers have given me too.

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:27 PM

Smart move indeed.. You've surrounded yourself with tour masters and legends at that CC.. Nice company to have around.. 

• maxwere
    919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:08 PM

There is a load of stuff on our clubs website.

RSS