Forums

Help › Forums

Re: shadows at oakmount

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:20 AM (8 replies)
  • maury62
    449 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:04 PM

Second hole ball on the  green not a shadow withiin 2o yrds of the hole  ball in sun light. screen changes to  putt balland hol ein the shadow. COME ON GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE SUN CANT  CHANGE IN 3 SECONDS GET REAL. . THE PERSON WHO PROGRAMS THESE HOLES HAS HIS  HEAD SO FAR UP HE COULDNT SEE SUN LIGHT FOR YEARS.. DO IT FAIR OR DONT DO IT AT ALL

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:55 PM

Probably the shadow cast by your avatar/player.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:13 PM

I think they took over 1000 photos of each hole which means that they likely spent the better part of an entire day on one hole.  When they compiled all of their photos and decided which ones to use some of them likely had shadows from the trees where others didn't.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:39 PM

I don't know,, only da shadow knows.

Suprised Groucho wasn't all over that line.:)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:09 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

I don't know,, only da shadow knows.

Suprised Groucho wasn't all over that line.:)

Holy Lamont Cranston!  I musta been in a somber mood at the time, Bubba...besides, it wouldn't be fair to hog all the good setups.  ;-)

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:32 PM

Hrmmm... I'm thinking this might be one for team Yancy.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:39 PM

Spammage:

I think they took over 1000 photos of each hole which means that they likely spent the better part of an entire day on one hole.  When they compiled all of their photos and decided which ones to use some of them likely had shadows from the trees where others didn't.

Most likely scenario, and who really cares, does it affect my putt? No....unless I miss it - then its the shadows fault! Btw it i Oakmont. Looks like someone was fuming when they missed a putt.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:21 AM

Spammage:

This is exactly right... 

but why does it matter? / who cares?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:20 AM

andrewmca:
    but why does it matter? / who cares?

I think he's referring to the back pin location. Those shadows do make reading putts back there a little tricky. I can see why they're there but they do make it difficult.

RSS