Forums

Help › Forums

Re: To All Military Personnel

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:50 PM (5 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 12:55 PM

If you are unable to be with your families during the Holidays, stand tall, be proud of what you are doing. I have been there, and done that back in 1974. It will really test the heart and your emotions. When you see them again, realize, they were able to have that peaceful holiday because you were doing what you do. God bless you all, and keep up the great work. Come home safe.

Renni

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:52 PM

Amen Master Sgt.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:37 PM

TY G, seems some folks haven't thought about it.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:15 PM

Hear hear!

I'll never forget my ThanksGiving in Kuwait.  Was hard being away from my family back home, but wherever we deployed we always were with family.

Certainly had plenty to be thankful for,  like an actual meal, instead of MRE's and T-rats.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:33 PM

I join in respect for the nice words Renn,      Happy Thanksgiving    QBall,,,,  over sea in the danger zone,  come back to the USA  soon  .

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:50 PM

Until you leave a young wife, a 3 year old Daughter, and a new born son, you have no idea what these people are going through. I came home after 12 months, with a 4 year old daughter who wouldn't let go of her daddy's neck, and a 1 year old son who wouldn't let me hold him. He didn't know me, It took me a month before I could hold him. I spent 7 more years in the Military, he sure understands now, and knows who is Dad is. I was raised by a Marine Corp gunnery Sgt, and I damn sure knew what he went through. He is 84 now, still with me, and my Idol. Again, To all our troops, come home safe, you have stories to tell, and a life to live.

RSS