Forums

Help › Forums

Re: St. Andrews # 2

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:52 AM (4 replies)
  • PringleCraig
    609 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 3:01 AM

I think this hole in jinxed. I would like to know what the WGT stats are, regarding birdies here. 

Cheers and Good WGT Golfing.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 8:18 AM

PringleCraig:
    I would like to know what the WGT stats are, regarding birdies here. 

1 in 10 I reckon, but don't play it that often, back in the day it was a 3 or 4 B's out of 10 hole.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 8:56 AM

Sadly, I make birdie on this hole only about 50-60% of the time.  Land the ball about 2 yards left of the pin and apply full back spin.  The ball will check up (even with heavy tail winds) and release slightly, trickling down towards the cup.  

The other way to play it is to go dead at the pin, playing it about 3 yards to long.  The putt from the back side of the pin is much less severe.

Hope it helps some.

LC 

• PringleCraig
    609 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:24 AM

Thank you :)))

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:52 AM

The only way to get better there is practice, practice and then some more. Have a look how the ball reacts to landing on different spots.

Depending on the wind, if it's the left pin, try land a couple of yards short and left with full bs and hopefully it trickles towards the pin. DON'T be too short here, you don't want a 15 ft putt that you have to tap 2 ft :-).  With the right pin the ball stops quite well (provided you don't hit the slope before the pin)  or will roll sideways depending on the wind, so there you can pretty much go for the pin. Under the pin is obviously better. Just need to get your distance right, but in both cases full bs is needed more often than not.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

RSS