Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 2ND Day of the 12 Days.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:03 PM (3 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:48 PM

Not much participation on the 1ST Day. Iva had a great uplifting post. Cerino got my weak spot with the dog story. Can't gift Legend balls, what do want Cerino. Now for the 2nd day, tell us what was your favorite Xmas and why. 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:52 PM

Hmmm, my favourite x-mas. Had so many good ones, its hard to tell. But i will tell you this story. One year, the parents put a cake, some biscuits, and milk by the fireplace for Santa. little ould me was too eager to wait until the morning, and i didnt want to put the lights on in case i was caught sneaking around at 5am in the morning. I stood on the cake without knowing it was there, and the next morning the folks where puzzled as to why there was a footprint in the cake. I had to say it was Santa, lol.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:16 PM

Just here to see what day 2 looked like .

OPY    iaaRft

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:03 PM

Not sure if I have a favorite Christmas, as there have been many gr8 ones, but these are two of my most memorable ones.

Christmas of 1996,  I had just entered the Army in the summer of that year.  Was sent to my first duty station in Colorado.  I arrived at the airport on December 9th, surprised as he77 when I seen no snow and people walking around in shorts and sandals.  Being from Michigan, that was quite the shock, but so was 4 days later, when there was a blizzard and 2 feet of snow on ground lol.  Yea,  it was a Friday the 13th with a crazy weather day ( how fitting ).  On to Christmas that year...

Since I had just arrived, I was not able to take any time off for the holidays.  So there I was, a lonely noob private and really didn't know anyone yet to go hang with.  My girlfriend from back home in Michigan decided to fly out to be with me on the holiday weekend.  So we shack up in a hotel just off the base there.  Here we are, two 18 year old kids, in an area that we knew nothing about with no transportation.  

I still feel sorry about what we did in that hotel room ;-)  (acting like rabbits comes to mind).....Anyway... Christmas day, we realize that we have nowhere to go for holiday dinner, no food in the hotel and basically no money.  Across the street was a 7 eleven store.  

Was the best damn convenient store nachos and hot dogs with a big gulp we had ever eaten.  lol.  

The very next Christmas, after being married in the summer of 97,  I had just returned home from Kuwait for 6 months.  Home just in time to fly back to Michigan, pack up a moving truck with what little things we had and moved her back to Colorado with me.

Found the cheapest apartment we could afford, and on Christmas of 1997,  we went to our little heaven (7eleven) for some high quality dinner.

Btw,  we are still together, even after everyone said that getting married at 18 was not going to work.  We still bring up our 7 eleven chow at Christmas dinner when all of the family is over at our place.

RSS