Forums

Help › Forums

Re: be careful who you friend

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:47 PM (4 replies)
  • smooohh
    43 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:37 AM

when i turned on my comp this morning there was a friend request. not sure why but i accepted,this is when things went wrong. the person was an amatuer and had the worst connection ever. after waiting forever for a game to begin(i set up a stroke play game and invited him) he gets on and immediately asks for me to gift him a 400cr putter. after i asked if the player knew me he said yes and said i was rich.lmao!! NOT!

was wondering if this kind of thing happens to other players; 1st time in time in my 10 months.HEADS UP PEOPLE

SMOOOHH

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:25 PM

Happened to me, pal. Got a friend request out of nowhere from someone I had never heard of. I accepted, then did some research, found stuff I didn't like, immediately unfriended him. Now I only accept from people I play with. But I hit the jackpot with you. Hope all is ok.............Play again soon...................Steve

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:45 PM

Yeah , i have had them,  but usually they have joined our club and asked the top players for gifts - when i am made aware of a repeated 'BEG', i remove them from the club

These people equip all starters gear, go begging and then when they play they load up the best of what they have begged, they can also sell back to WGT for credits.

I think its time we opened up a Thread in these forums naming the beggars.

• smooohh
    43 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:45 PM

thank you for the kind words my friend; all is quite well.

• smooohh
    43 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:47 PM

i had not thought the situation through that far shrude, ty.

i would second the idea of a thread for such offenders

RSS