Forums

Help › Forums

Re: This game needs to be a bit more realistic and not self serving...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:16 AM (6 replies)
  • im10cup
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:39 PM

I grew up playing Chambers Bay, the greens are not even close to as bad as WGT plays them.

It seems like every hole has a 90 degree break, it's ridiculous. If I were Chambers Bay I would be pissed that it plays like this on WGT.

If I have never played Chambers Bay I would never play there. I'm sure Chambers Bay appreciates that losing money lol

Come on man!. these greens are basically like a miniature golf course, WGT, didn't have to over do it! I have played the real course at least 40 times. The greens are nothing like the WGT version......WGT has them breaking from every directing and most of the time it's a 90 break, from all directions,  ridiculous.

Just saying.... WGT needs to play there, and see that they are taking the breaks a little to crazy. The should maybe put a windmill or something in the middle of some of the greens.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 2:36 PM

u're hitting off longer tees .. u need a longer driver .. u need to purchase said longer driver .. it's a business which operates on the going concern principle .. that means money .. and thats life

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:12 PM

There are lots of ways to earn credits on here so you can upgrade your clubs free of charge. I have made it to the Legend tier without spending anything. It can be done.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:39 PM

oh man.......first post.  welcome to the forums.  it's just too bad you didn't cruise the forums and stumble upon my thread ....link below......you may well have had yourself a brand new driver.......or some other gift :)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/144513.aspx

keep at it.........it will all come together!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:50 PM

keep  at it  ..... it will come together  ,well said  ,  you want a faster car you may have to bye it ,  just saying, we make a choice  to  be  better, to be better  we have to invest  in time and equipm   it  takes $$$   the game tell us that,   first day  we play  its a choice ,to compete or not to  ,  :) 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:05 PM

Whilst I understand what you are saying regarding the length of the driver, it is all relative to your tees. Personally I used the starters clubs (I did upgrade to the starters plus pro driver) until I got to masters, so you can still score well even from the TP tees. Yes some greens are not reachable in regulation so I think this hones in on your short game. By the time I was ready for Masters, I had accumulated enough credits to upgrade all my clubs, and you being in the US have even more options on earning free credits.This has already been pointed out.

And I will ask this, what is your handicap? I ask this as you are currently effectively off 6 with your average, which is unattainable for the majority of club golfers.

You must remember that WGT is a business and as such must make money. You have the option of just using the starters clubs and then must accept that these clubs have limitations, or you upgrade to improve your score. The choice is up to the individuals, but regardless can still be a lot of fun playing some of the worlds great (and tough) golf courses

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:16 AM
RSS