250 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:00 PM

duffer19:

lol, where's the play now button :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 9:38 PM

How about those people actually hooking up with WGT? Those renditions sure trump the cartoon courses.

• xSweetCarolinex
    274 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:43 PM

mmmmm

I LOVE the sound of cheeping birdies :))

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 2:23 AM

YankeeJim:

How about those people actually hooking up with WGT? Those renditions sure trump the cartoon courses.

That was my first thought too, are these guys going to be competition for WGT or a potential collaboration ?

Trugolf seems to have died off from the (paraphrasing) "several courses a year in addition to the planned new HD courses". Does anybody know what fell through ?

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:30 AM

i've mailed them as well regarding their Alpha phase roll out timeline .. see what they say .. for me though it's all about realistic & hard game play .. there's no sense in playin' a pretty lookin' game thats easy .. if they can incorporate a game physics model that is on par with WGT's, i think it would be worth havin' a look at, imaginary courses notwithstanding ..

for me, it'll succeed or fail on their game physics .. if they succeed, will i abandon WGT ? Nah .. i don't see that happenin' .. also got too much invested here .. yeah, WGT sure will be a tough act to follow with its interactive community, game mode options, equipment options, real HD courses, etc ..

but a good looking, hard to play alternative would be a welcome addition IMO .. if they get off the ground i would second a collaboration with WGT .. their course rendering sure looks very good i must admit .. it really exposes how cartoony TruGolf courses look ..

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:22 AM

The reality is there is always the future. What WGT does with its future remains to be seen and like the past games come and go. It would be hard to say goodbye but it is inevitable that a new game will come along that is bigger and better.

Personally I would get an email list of my friends on here to keep in touch . Rather silly to not do that. That way you can email them the URL to the new game and carry on :)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:50 AM

Well we  will just have to wait and see, but just like any business including mine which is custom cabinets /furniture 90 % of the time people go with the cheapest price.

If another game does pop up and the quality is equal and the price is cheaper for balls and what not, people will tell their friends and the move will begin, or they will play both games ,that I doubt.

Only time will tell

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:26 AM

thebigeasy707:
    Real life courses in superior quality HD graphics.......anything else is such a fail and any company looking to compete against WGT.....well they've already missed the bus by quite a few years. WGT are a tough act to follow....they're improving constantly & moving forward all the time.

Thank you for the kind words, TBE.

Buggyyy, I wanted to clarify that no matter the history with this subject, you are welcome to post links to other websites, competing or not.

The guideline that covers advertising is in regard to players posting things that advertise something they personally benefit from.

So, unless you have stock in "Perfect Parallel" you're in the clear ;)

I'm glad to read all the responses that support WGT - there is a common thread between all of them (forgive my pun): Community. The community members of WGT know they would be hard pressed to find a community more passionate, more involved, more awesome than the one here at WGT. It doesn't hurt that our game kicks ass, but there is more to the WGT experience than that. The friendships that have been formed over the years talking about "that close lip out" or "that game changing birdie" is what makes this a game worth coming back to.

In order to produce an environment that promotes that sort of growth, we need a pretty great bunch of people, and that is what we have here at WGT. Ultimately, that's what I hope everyone thinks of when they make of list of reasons why they stay with WGT :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:27 AM

Thank you Pizza. You can lock it if you want.

RSS