Help › Forums

Re: Advice For A Newb?... Thanks in Advance

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:50 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TonyTurbo78
    340 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 12:43 AM

I don't mind helping when someone comes across as sincere.  

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 3:09 AM

Lots of good advice!

Let me add but one:

Change to custom wedges asap - they ease and better the short game tremendously!

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2013 6:34 AM

I'd say first play and learn the game with what you have, before you go buy putters, wedges etc. Simply learning the game will lower your scores, more than new wedges or a putter or paid balls will at this point. In the meantime you gather experience points, which levels you up, which unlocks better equipment. The mid lvl 50's Daytona putter is the first next item I would go for if I were you, other good equipment is available from mid level 70's.

Finally, having the better clubs does your score more good than having the better balls.

R.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:37 AM

Welcome to the best golf sim on the internet

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:40 AM

Rockitch:
    The mid lvl 50's Daytona putter is the first next item I would go for if I were you, other good equipment is available from mid level 70's.
    I disagree respectfully. The OP owns the Spider putter which is the best of all club in his bag. No urgent need to change this one.

The Starter wedges, OTOH, are some of the worst clubs around. It helps a lot to exchange these, and there are plenty available at level 36.

Furtheron there are good clubs in many levels. The G20s come to my mind...

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:50 PM

Ive only been playing for a few weeks properly tried it at first hated the putting and gave up, tried it again still hated the putting n gave up.

Then it got really cold and i couldn't play real life golf so i thought id try really hard. First thing i did was get a ruler and some masking tape and a calculator. 

measured the swing bar then cut the right size tape and wrote all the percentage increments on it, then stuck it to my computer screen so it was in line with the bar, I Got better straight away, suddenly things became easier and now after 2 weeks im already master with a 63 average.

buying a good putter was the first thing i did then driver the irons were the last thing i bought.

This game is all about maths, if you can figure out the maths the game becomes relativly simple

The crazy scores you see you will soon realise that they happen by hitting your approaches to 5 feet and tapping them in

Good luck

• PAGES
RSS