Help › Forums

Advice For A Newb?... Thanks in Advance

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:50 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DaddyDdub
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 3:39 PM

Hello everyone.  I found this game on Facebook two days ago.  I used to play TW online and haven't played any other online games since.  What is the quickest way to level up here?  Do you need to buy credits, in order to advance?  Any specific do's and dont's for matches? (e.g. I didn't know what EZ Swing was and I when I tried it kind of seems like cheating compared to normal swing bar).  Any help/advice is much appreciated.  P.S.  I am a 100% non quitter/puller.  I may be new, but I play hard.  Thanks Again

DaddyDdub - Idaho

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 3:58 PM

You can change the 'ez swings' for 'real clubs', they are already in your bag.

You level up with XP points and you get more of those if you play every day, up to a max of 880 per day after 6 days consec.

Just play and you will learn the etiquette as you gain experience..GL

Andy

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:37 PM

DaddyDdub:
    I didn't know what EZ Swing was and I when I tried it kind of seems like cheating compared to normal swing bar

Well, it's not cheating. EZ swing are by far the worst and the most inconsistant clubs around, especially the putter. Plus you can't get the enjoyement of that ding sound you hear when you click at the right time, lol. Just play and enjoy the game, the rest will come with time. And you'll find plenty of advise on what shots to use and how they work is already posted in the forum, so I won't go into specifics. But if you ever need a question answered, just post on my wall and I'll try my best to help.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:23 PM

Welcome to the game. It took me a while to start getting to grips with the game, and in many ways I still haven't - but it is a great game.

No need to hurry to tier up, when you get the consitency in your game it will happen, The EZ swing clubs are the worst and most inconsistent clubs, so I would advise using the trters set - you will learn a lot more. Obviously better clubs help a lot, but level up from your XP points until you can get clubs that will last longer before you need to upgrade again (at least mid level 30s).

Read the FAQ - especially rhe potting tips and chipping tips and look through the forums (search function has currently been disabled) - there is a wealth of great tips and information in here.

The best thing you can do is play, practice and then practice more. If you want a practice game and I am available, invite me and I will be happy to give any tips I can.

• aw572
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 4:40 AM

A member since the end of December, your already using the word non'quitter', thats a big stigma in WGT land, are you after freebies from people, only 1 account??

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:27 AM

DaddyDdub:
    What is the quickest way to level up here?  Do you need to buy credits, in order to advance?

Loads of advice right here in the forums. Some better than others.

Tips

Check out the dropdown up top "Get Credits"  Loads of free ones out there.

As far as equipment goes, you'll need to figure out how much you need a slow meter. It was/is very important to me and influenced my club upgrades from the beginning. You can probably get away the easiest with a fast meter on driver, as all you want to do is be in the fairway as far from the tee as possible. Scoring clubs need the most precision. Might as well start thinking of your 3w as a scoring club. It will have to be eventually.

Hopefully, your CC has an active forum. Trust your friends there. I know I probably wouldn't even still be playing the game without the help/support from my CC.

Good Luck. Have fun. Try not to crush your mouse after a new ball goes in the drink. :^)

• BlackGibbon
    349 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:59 AM

First thing is to get rid of the ez clubs, they are too inconsistant and dont give you the practice you have with"normal" clubs which you will be glad of the the further you get.  Just keep playing as much as you can and you will soon level up. Lastly BUY A DECENT PUTTER as soon as you can as this is by far the hardest part of the game. Enjoy!!!!      

• TonyTurbo78
    340 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:21 PM

I see you have bought some new sticks already and got rid of that horrible ez swing nonsense  so your well on your way.  

If you're coming from Tiger Woods Garts (Golf Darts ;)  then be prepared to struggle....alot to start, but stick it out and you will be rewarded.   The game works like any other XP based game, the more you play and the better you perform, the more XP you will earn.  

I'd say to start with, just focus on getting used to the meter speed and how your clubs react on the course.  When your purchasing equipment, start out by favoring clubs with higher feel and more forgiveness.  By doing this you'll have a slower meter, and your misshits (not clicking on the ding line) will not be punished horrendously, giving you a fighting chance at learning how to par holes.  Once you feel your skill levels increase, you can then hit the courses in a practice round, ideally low wind and a flattish course and learn what your actual club distances are in a neautral side wind with no spin and full backspin so you get the exact distance and make a note of them if you please.  When you feel your getting better and achieving under par scores, you may want to then start hitting the "FREE" strokeplay tournament to try and build up your bank balance a little.  Once you get enough, go to the pro shop and buy equipment that you think will improve your game.  At this point i'd say you probably want to opt for a club that has more dots for precision instead of forgiveness meaning that accurate clicking on or close to the ding meter should go more or less where your aiming.  

Learn all your shots, and i mean all of them, pitches, flops, chips, punches (these can be deadly anywhere between 40yds and 110yds when you get to higher level and better clubs).  Manage the course like any other golf game, try to keep bogeys off your card and remember first and foremost, it's just a game to kill the time lol.  

If you want some help on the course, feel free to add me as a friend and we'll walk the fairways together.  

Regards

Tony 

• tramilleo
    1,889 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:47 PM

An excellent post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Quite refreshing to see others actually try to help Refreshing indeed Well spoken Post Tony

• PAGES
RSS