Help › Forums

Re: Speed Boost Gift

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:49 AM (6 replies)
  • hunter818
    50 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:44 AM

Dear WGT,

At the risk of looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth... I would appreciate being asked before the "Speed Boost" is added to my game. If this would in turn mean that all well-intended gifts or rewards (save for pure credits) from WGT are offered and NOT arbitrarily implemented... so be it.

Game style or rhythm altering features as Speed Boost are personally distracting to me.

My specific uneasiness lies with my inability to follow the constants of my shots such as shape and speed when the ball seemingly comes to rest before my back-swing is complete. After investing many dollars in balls and equipment and many hours in practice and play... I have painstakingly designed every aspect of play to work with my own skill and comfort.

Is there an admin function to turn it off or mute it?

If you will agree that repetitiveness and feel are paramount to achieving consistency... then you will agree that an unanticipated quick, sharp and abbreviated ball flight and roll would be quite disconcerting if unwanted. I may as well close my eyes after the ball strike... I learn nothing from the action of my designed shot if it is over in a flash.

This is not intended as a commentary on Speed Boost for it may prove to be useful to some.

I am only seeking that you ASK me prior to changing my game rhythm.

(If I spend money to improve my consistency... you need not interrupt it, thank-you very much).

Sincerely,

Hunter

(I can and am only speaking for myself, but perhaps this sentiment rings true for others...)

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:51 AM

Turn it off and save it for a rainy day .

OPY  iaaRft

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:15 AM

I've left clicked, right clicked upon it.. the icon does not allow an on-off link... if it WAS OBVIOUS that this feature could be muted or shut off... I would not have found a need to editorialize here... Would someone more in the know than I, enlighten me?

opyeuclid:

Turn it off and save it for a rainy day .

OPY  iaaRft

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:20 AM

Click on play now  , On the game page , upper left  . Click on " Menu "  click on " Game settings "

Turn speed boost to NONE , and NO  for putting ,

Click save . Hope that helps

OPY  iaaRft

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:25 AM

This is a great help... Thank-you for taking the time to instruct me...

Hunter

opyeuclid:

Click on play now  , On the game page , upper left  . Click on " Menu "  click on " Game settings "

Turn speed boost to NONE , and NO  for putting ,

Click save . Hope that helps

OPY  iaaRft

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:28 AM

With this one I had to click on normal setting and save changes, then go back again and turn it off (none) and save changes.....That'll work.

Andy

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:49 AM

Thank-you... 'can always count on this community to come the aid of others...

> Hunter

RSS