Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Recommended Browser? Flash Freeze

Tue, Feb 12 2013 6:42 PM (9 replies)
  • ZanderX41
    11 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:57 AM

Hello all, im fairly new to WGT ( been at it hard for a couple of months, very addicting) and am enjoying it very much except for the frequent flash freezes. It seems like it happens more often during blitz games (since you cant rejoin blitz games)...ggrrrrr

My question is: Is there a specific browser that does better then Fire Fox, which is what I run. I don't really like IE or is this a browser issue at all and just a flash issue?

Thanks for your input :)

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:16 AM

Maxthon browser seems to be the best lately, google and try it hope it helps : )

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:48 AM

Many people recommend Maxthon 3 and I have used it and it is good. But for me I find that both Comodo Dragon and SRWare Iron perform better for me after the last flash update. One thing is no matter which browser you decide on to use it to play WGT with it and don't use it for anything else. Doing this keeps its cache from being filled with things from other sites making more stable.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 11:30 AM

borntobesting:

no matter which browser you decide on to use it to play WGT with it and don't use it for anything else.

Good advice there.  I use Firefox for everything else internet related but play rounds in Maxthon.  The home page is the game client and I've never been anywhere else with it.  Works great too, the full screen mode is nice and being able to capture a region of the screen is great for posting scorecards.  Just select what you want and click save.  Dead easy and quick.

Regularly clearing your Flash cache is also important to making the game run well, especially after an update or when you've changed the gear in your golf bag.

• TopFlite7
    340 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 2:54 PM

I use Chrome and I just make sure my cache and Adobe Flasher player are clean before I start. Have had no issues.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:38 PM

With Firefox it's safe to rewind to Flash 10.3 - available on the Adobe homepage.

Tried some newer versions up to 11.5, and I went back to olde 10.3 each time.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:19 AM

TopFlite7:

I use Chrome and I just make sure my cache and Adobe Flasher player are clean before I start. Have had no issues.

If aanyone uses chrome and are having issues, I can talk you thru it and get yours fixed. I fixed my chrome about a week ago and the meter has been the best in a year or so for me

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:26 AM

Was it the pepperflash bug or something else?

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:47 AM

I use an older version of IE. You can Google it. I think it's 6.0. (i use Firefox for normal internet browsing) Older versions of IE seem to have no flash issues. Just make sure you disable automatic updates or it will update to the latest version (that has many flash problems) Good Luck and hope you get it sorted out.

• ZanderX41
    11 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2013 6:42 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I was unaware of clearing the flash cache and that in it self made a noticeable difference. Although I will use a specific browser just for this game now that you guys mentioned it :). Thanks again!

RSS