Forums

Help › Forums

Re: new player looking for friends

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:19 PM (9 replies)
  • 82rocks
    3 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:31 PM

Just signed on a couple of weeks ago and looking to meet friends and join a club. I am at the Amateur level with a 83.9 handicap. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:51 PM

Hit me up 82. I don't believe in the too many friends nonsense. that is only for the WGT members who think it affects their game. I am not one of those players. I will help if I can. When looking for a CC to join, find one who appreciates new players, not one who has the same members winning all the tournaments they sponsor, that gets old real fast. Been there and done that. Don't take this game serious. Play it for fun, and making friends. Spend what you can afford to spend, don't get hooked by all the hoopla.

• greenmanfromg
    694 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 3:34 PM

Greetings

I started playing end of November and am now up to Pro, know what it is like staring off, sign me up and will help where I can. Initial advice, play as often as you can.

BW

Frank.

• 82rocks
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:22 PM

Thanks for the advice, I am definitely playing just for fun and to relax. How do you figure out what CC's appreciate new members. 

• 82rocks
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:25 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'll sign you up!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 2:28 AM

Greetings & welcome

-wgticon

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:05 AM

All CC's appreciate members who are active and involved in the clubs tournaments.. You can make some friends or at least meet some other players there.. But more than anything just have fun.. This game is so cool..  = )  See you on the links..

• MMunsie
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:15 PM

I am in the same position as you 82. Can you get me as a friend as well?

I am a very polite Canadian

Cheers

mmunsie

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 8:35 PM

When I first started, way back then...lol.  What I did was Join in Alt Shot games with others  in my same Tier and built up my Friends list from there. If I couldn't find a game in that Tier, then I would select the next Tier up and hope they would accept me joining them.

-Roger

• Bogata
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:19 PM

If your lookin - check out DILLIGAFs CC  - lots of polite Canucks there - Bogata

RSS