Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driving Range with Free club testing

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 12 2010 3:37 PM (8 replies)
  • DAMNGOOD
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 5:44 PM

I'm considering making my first purchase.  But as with all my purchases I like to test and research my product.  I think Renting the club is a bit Greedy.  I can borrow a premium club at my local course at no cost to test it.  Maybe you could set up a driving range where you could test clubs in your range with no purchase or a small....10 credit purchase to enter range.  Good way to warm up for a comp too.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 8:24 PM

Well DG, you don't want to pay to rent clubs which could be played on any of the four courses for free, but you'll pay 10 Cr to practice on a driving range.

You've kind of solved your own dilemma. You should rent the clubs for a little more than you would pay to practice on the range. It's a win-win.

WGT allows 10 shots per hole, just putt around on the greens, or hit the ball back in the fairway for another shot at the pin, in practice mode of course. There's really no need for a driving range in a virtual golfing world, when we have all four courses to practice on.

Hope this helped.  : )

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 8:16 AM

Richard4168:
    You should rent the clubs for a little more than you would pay to practice on the range. It's a win-win.

it costs a whole lot more then 10  like at least 10 times and more often 20 times more then that!

when you can get 2-3 sleeves of of balls for the price of a rental  it is not the same as spending 10 for 30 min  of practice with the same club. It is just a matter of letting people test  drive what you want to sell them,  Car dealers let you do it for free.

• Lienn59
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:59 AM
    I vote for a driving range which is flat so I can gauge my clubs' flight and roll, a flat chipping green for the same reasons and a flat putting green. It's too hard to find flat areas on the courses to work on shots. It shouldn't cost a thing, but if it does I'll pay the 10C.
  • Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 12:53 PM

I miss the option to test clubs too. Paying 10-20% for renting a club for a day is pretty darn steep. Would be much better if we could borrow a club for free and try it out in practice mode only. Then we could get a feel for it, and if it is right for us or not. Buying clubs isn't cheap for us players that don't reel in dough in RGs.

I suppose it could lead to slightly less income though, so it's a dead-end..

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:46 PM

If they were to implement a driving range, putting green, and perhaps ONE hole of a course (preferably not one being used for ranked rounds.... not practical, but a guy can dream, right...) where clubs could be tested on, it would take away the possibility of using the test formats as practice on an actual hole. Couple this with a free 2-day trial of any untested clubs, where ya get to test anything available to your tier, and players would be able to get a feel for what they want before purchasing.

Any new equipment comes with a free 2-day rial, and once you test it, it is gone forever.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:20 PM

great idea, no money in it

WILL NEVER HAPPEN unless they charge for the range balls! ROFLMAO!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:19 PM

Hard to say Sargeen,

No way of knowing how many players on here never buy clubs, simply cause they don't know what they will receive for their money.

Maybe, just maybe, it will spur some of them into action and actually help boost sales.

• BLP422
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 3:37 PM

I vote for a driving range as well.

RSS