Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What is better to earn credits, playing tournaments or challenges?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:03 PM (2 replies)
  • boressie
    45 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:09 AM

I know that some are suspicious when they must speak of what they earn. But I wonder if playing tournaments is more interesting than playing challenges. Personally, I've tried both.

I realized that I lost a lot of credits in tournaments. While playing the challenges, I earn more.

Let's talk about fees,  in tournaments you have to pay 50, 100, 200 credits or more to play, k
    nowing that your score does not guarantee return of your expenses.

So if you pay 100cr  to play a tournament where the winner earns only 600 cr, it's very good for you if you lead.

But, as I said, your score is not a guarantee of victory. If  you shot 26 on 9 holes (a very good score), there will be often someone else who will do better than you. So if you're second, you ll earn less.

You have a very little chance of earning 600 cr - 100 cr = 500 cr, because of too many good players who want to win too.

I checked some top players profiles. I found out that there are too much "awards earned" and few "came in first place"(lol).

In matchplay, you're dealing with one player and only one. It may be Yoban, Sebicu or Bollox, no matter. There will be one that you have to beat. Obviously, things are much easier.

In addition, fees are ridiculous, only 10% of the bet. To win 1000 cr,  you have to pay 100 cr  with a real chance of victory.

What's about balls? In tournaments u need to hit all shots to finish your rounds (no concede). In this case,  you r going to use more balls. U need to putt if  the ball is 1 ft or 10ft off the hole.

As you know, the life of the ball depends on the number of strokes. I am playing with Max balls  (600 cr) that I can use for 6 or 7 matchplays. I am entitled to 3 balls that allow me to play about twenty matchplays.

So I use the ball less because the short putts are often conceded. what can not be done in tournaments.

I ll never use 3 Max balls for 20 tournaments, maybe for half.

That's why i chose to play challenges, even if my earnings cant be counted.

I know its not the case for everyone. Those who want can tell us about their experience.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:26 AM

Putts don't count against ball hits.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:03 PM

Lately I have been forced into the tournaments as it takes to long time to get a game in MPC.

The MPC has been ruined IMHO, seems only legend or higher will play me, and that takes a long wait till someone does not run.

Statistically you might be right about your chances, but a 50/50 record is a losing game. You need to win closer to 2/3 to be profitable. So there goes the math again with the rake and ball cost.

In the tournaments I do not look to win them, top 5 is good, top 10 will do. But I try and be picky about the ones I enter, i do not enter them all, that is throwing away credits, but try and focus on a couple.

So if you win 2/3 MPC is the way to go, if you can get top 5 1/3 top 10 2/3 top 20 3/3 in tournaments and maybe nail a win 1/10 then that's the way to go.

Or there are always videos and surveys.

RSS