Help › Forums

Re: Long time listener, first time caller

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:39 AM (3 replies)
  • EddieFairplay
    11 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:32 PM

Hello WGT members,

Ok, so technically it's my second post, but "Long time listener, second time caller" just didn't have the same ring to it, however this introduction is probably long overdue. I've spent quite a bit of time lurking and reading the forums these last few months, and I must thank everyone for your informative and entertaining posts.

A little about me, been playing here for almost 5 months, after watching some buddies at the office play during their lunch breaks. Of course, just as I'd feared, I'm now hopelessly hooked on this game! I also love to play golf in real life but I'm just a hacker, probably about a 20 handicapper. Tough to find the time to practice.

I also had the masochistic intention to patiently squirrel away my credits (sorry WGT, I'm a saver by nature, not a spender) and only upgrade to the top equipment when I had the chance but when I figured out the XP levels increase exponentially, I'm finally going to cave and get myself some decent equipment very soon. Pretty excited to see what I can do. Let me tell you, starter set + master tees = not a lot of fun, nevermind not being able to reach some of the par 4's in two, I couldn't even reach some of the fairways off the tee! At least I got a lot of practice around the greens though.

So I hope to see many of you in some match play games (I'd basically stopped playing because it was tough to be competitive with the starter set) and maybe try my hand at a few RGs. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'll never turn down an honest competition.

Alright, that's it for now. Hope to see you on the links.

Regards,

Eddie Fairplay

• riskplayer
    253 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:03 AM

It looks like you have made a great selection of clubs on your upgrade. Might also look to replace the putter. Personally I prefer the level 55 Rossa. These clubs will good for you forever, at any tee box.

• senec
    252 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:26 AM

Welcome to the forum,hope your a habs fan,if so i'll be your friend lol.

• EddieFairplay
    11 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:39 AM

@riskplayer - Yeah, I'm just struggling a little with the new meter speed and distances, so I'm trying to figure out which ball will work best and also not break the bank. I think I'll just have to be patient with myself and give it a little time. Also, the putter is the only thing I'm struggling to decide on. I seemed to learn to use the "avatar movement" method with the starter, and during my very brief rental (1 round) with the lvl 77 Nike, it didn't seem to have many movements. Although I do like it's meter speed, maybe I'll try the Rossa or the lvl 66 Ghost.

@senec - Yup, just so happens I live in Montreal, even managed to get tickets for game 1. Go Habs Go!

RSS