Help › Forums

Re: begging for gifts

Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:28 AM (36 replies)
  • LordDunne
    41 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:05 AM

borntobesting:

bubbadork:
    Begging for gifts is really no different from some guy outside a convenience store asking you if you have some change to spare. The problem is that the guy outside 7-Eleven is probably not able to have a computer to play WGT golf.

Oh really? Begging outside a convenience store or on a street corner is for some big business. An investigative reporter watched one such person begging on a street corner claiming to be homeless. He followed him one night to a mansion. The guy made 1000's of dollars a week begging. 

I must say i hate it when people say this, that old adage of 'investigate journalists' found out that beggars make thousands of dollars a week...

I volunteer at homeless shelters regularly and work with the homeless, 99% of them have nothing and beg for spare change to seek shelter for the night or something to eat. I feel your attitude stops people giving, i would rather always give some change even if 1% of the time it is a scam, 99% of the time it will not be. Its just a cop out to justify your lack of philanthropy. 

• jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 1:04 PM

I think that those that "beg" for free balls and/or equipment are more like the "ladies" on the street corner asking if you want sex. Yes they charge for the sex but they're both whores, have very little values.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:45 AM

LordDunne:

I must say i hate it when people say this, that old adage of 'investigate journalists' found out that beggars make thousands of dollars a week...

I volunteer at homeless shelters regularly and work with the homeless, 99% of them have nothing and beg for spare change to seek shelter for the night or something to eat. I feel your attitude stops people giving, i would rather always give some change even if 1% of the time it is a scam, 99% of the time it will not be. Its just a cop out to justify your lack of philanthropy. 

Well said, m'Lord.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 11:54 AM

PaulTon:

LordDunne:

Well said, m'Lord.

My point was even if it is just 1% as you say that is comes out to many $1000's that could have and should have gone to someone deserving. That is why  I now do  most of my "philanthropic" giving through our church's dollar club ministry. $2 or 3 a week may not seem like much but when you have 2000 member or so doing the same thing that ads up to a lot of  help for many people every year. 1 family a week  is helped ,whether or not they go to our church.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:33 PM

alanti:

falatio:

anyone got any spare credits i can have?

Simple answer is NO. 

Interesting screen name - one which no self respecting woman would use.

She keeps popping her head up.............or do I mean down ?

What a cunn.ilingus..!!

Andy

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:28 AM

As Miss Moneypenny once said Andy, you always were a cunning linguist James.

RSS