Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Random Act of generosiy

Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:42 PM (39 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:07 PM

TC,Downhillpro, i did not mention i talked to him a bit , told him  people are nice most time ,and i walked with  him a bit ,he was ungry,i walked to Notre dame street , and said good bye when he walked to MC Do , and you are correct for one thing i felt the 1000x  you are talking about a litle latter .           :)    

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:47 PM

On my home tonight I stopped and bought a 12 pack. A man on the corner holding up a sign,down and out need help. I asked him if he needed a couple of bucks or a cold beer. He said a cold beer. I gave him 2 for the honesty. This is not the first time I have had a person choose a beer over a little cash. He was 2 miles from the closest store. The smile on his face and the thank you was for real.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:35 PM

I remember being in my 20's, and a homeless person was standing just inside the mall entrance, ( i'm sure to keep warm) , so , without her knowing, I dropped a $ 20 bill behind her, and tapped her on the shoulders and said " miss, you dropped some money"....you know what she said , " no, that's not mine"....I was flabbergasted!

Most homeless people do have pride, some have lost their way, some have mental illness, it's a shame to see so many out there, and still ongoing....

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 4:36 PM

Random act of generosity No 2    .....      At the end of last month i was playing with two regular player i have  for friends for  years now ;at one point  one of them asked me if i still have Window XP ,and how old is my PC , i said yes to XP,and 10years+ for my dying PC , it was giving me trouble lately  fan making noises  and playing drums or bango sometime lolll.   So  both went ouch Frank ,,,,you may have a Prob april 8, you will not be secure with your PC ( they where right i lost Microsoft security essential on that day)  So i got AVG free for 28 days , i told them i had no choice  if playing WGT was to become difficult ,i would stop for 6 months of more , that way  i would put away 50$ a month for the internet, plus 25$ a month for balls and get a new PC trouble free.(I am 62 close to 63 on workman comp till 65 so fix income is my life now  ) I will not give names here  and most know why , one of my friend said to me  wait before you do this let us find a solution ,  ............ i been able to connect to WGT every day since ,,,but  with all kinds of problems ( ads come up all the time ,AVG security system telling me you have  to do this do that , Flash player saying up date then AVG say its a  treath  i am not secure ect ect , worst yet  i went to the forum writing this post now two times , last time i was almost done  then  an ad came up i took it out lost wgt  lollll   .       So today i got a call from one of my friend ,saying you will be getting a new PC , he gave me all the detail   ,a Desk top 3000 series , window7 Premium 64 bit ( i am ignorent about PC, but them two knows their stuff .....)   Its on its way to me .............will be delivered   at my door .           WOW      First i have mix feelings , happy to be so lucky , secound i am humble and touch,  emotions are hard to explain you can only feel them .      Why i wrote this ?   First my  generous friends here  deserve  to be mention   with out their names ,to all those i have been friends with, not only on my friends list but to those that play with me now and then,some on a regular basis ,they,,, i know will be happy for my good fortune ...... and to finish  to those  writing in the forums in a negative way saying get a life , its just a game , you waist your time and life ,its just virtual man......              its a lot more then that  .         To all WGT Members ,All my Friends in my CC , and those  i have fun with ,To WGT and staff  this game is for some and  many  more  ,      much  more .           Francois (Frapp)            

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 5:16 PM

Great story Frapp.  I had a very similar thing happen.

My laptop died recently and a wgt friend told me that the owner of his country club worked for the company that made the laptop I love so much. It turns out that this company has a "Friends and Family Program" where you can save a lot of money if you know someone that works for the company.

Well, this wgt member sent me his name and access number to the "F&F" site and I was able to purchase a great laptop at an incredibly low price and I love it.

So yes, I agree, there are some very generous friends out there.

TY L

MC

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:14 PM

Wonderful stories Frapp and MC!  Both put a smile on my face.

Thank You for sharing.

• Sandmancan11
    36 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:42 PM

Cool great story ! some great WGT members !

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:53 PM

You gotta love the humanity in this world eh….

well said you guys, one thing I believe in…..good things happen to good people, weather the hard times, but eventually the good will find you….

:-))

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:56 PM

Absolutely fantastic stories of generosity .... 

Its true what they say, WGT does bring a lot of people together and not all for the wrong reasons.

Hit em straight, but most of all enjoy your friends and have fun.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 8:11 PM

Mushy01:
    Absolutely fantastic stories of generosity

M-

I have to tell you, I could have just run to BestBuy and bought a new laptop, but a wgt friend told me that a friend of his worked for the company that made the laptop that I love and he gave me his name and I was was able to send him a PM and that's how we hooked up and I was able to buy this great new laptop.

It really is amazing that even though we have never met someone IRL we can still reap the benefits of knowing someone in this virtual world.

MC

RSS