Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Possible Prize Offerings for New CC Members

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:38 AM (6 replies)
  • Jade1973
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:44 PM

Hello I am an avid player of the game here at wgt...my friends and I have just started a new CC "CoffeewithPip" I Thought it would be an awesome idea to have CC toury's that offer prizes such as a driver, putter and or a sleeve of balls maybe, to the new and upcoming members within that CC. Give the new guys a chance to win some better equipment paid for by the members of that particular CC...I know this can be done using the credit option in the tourny screen...but the new members may not use the winnings in certain fashion...I just thought that it may bring a new spirit to the game and opportunity for the new man to gain a sense of accomplishment. I'm not sure that it matters to anyone else? I was just hoping that possibly wgt staff might  give it some consideration? Anyway, this CC is brand new and we would be very much in interest in screening new players for entry. Any ranking is suitable, but we would really enjoy the chance to have some "Hacks and Pro's'" to join so that we might  be of service in aiding them to a successful experience here at wgt.

Thanks again, Jade1973

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:05 AM

Kinda like being a little bit pregnant?

Just asking....

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:53 AM

Any member can sponsor a tournament and gift the items to the winner. It's that easy.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 2:08 AM

courteneyfish:

Any member can sponsor a tournament and gift the items to the winner. It's that easy.

I think the OP is referring to a prize pool all members can contribute to. This would be a great addition to CC's ....sigh

• Jade1973
    34 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 3:04 AM

Yes i agree courteney, we actually had given that some thought and decided that if a single member paid for the entire prize themselves and the winner of that per-say item quit the club the very next day...it may make for some sore feelings...thank you for the feedback...i think if wgt got involved in this, it might possibly be a worthwhile adventure?!? 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:00 AM

I think a prize pool would be a great idea!  We have weekly group skins games at our CC.  If there was a prize pool available to the CC's, it could be used as a buy-in pool and distributed to skins winners.

It would also be nice for running a Fed-Ex round of tournaments.  Players could buy-in to the tournament, then the pool could be distributed to those who have earned the most points over a period of months.

Right now, it's pretty much up to the owners to foot the bill and "gift" items to the winners.

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:38 AM

Great idea - really in the spirit of how I play the game.

For example - when playing a Blitz game, if I manage to get close to the hole, I will always pass on to other players the details of how I played the shot (ok, ok, I dont often get too close, but when I do, I am happy to share!)

I do it, because early on, when I had just started a TP did the same for me. I found it a great way to further my understanding of how to play the game better!

Yes, I am sure we all want to win, but I dont see anything wrong with encouraging the others that play with us!

RSS