Forums

Help › Forums

Re: legend tier

Wed, Jun 19 2013 3:15 AM (5 replies)
  • donwal
    51 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:31 PM

I want to now if you are a tour master and you beat  a legend why your avg. don't go down

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:46 PM

Only happens in ranked matchplay games.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:52 PM

donwal:
    I want to now if you are a tour master and you beat  a legend why your avg. don't go down

Scored / challenge MP against higher tier................win and it will DROP! Then tips for you maybe before it shows 61!

Ranked rounds work in normal manner far as I know if you mean finishing with fewer strokes in that format!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:33 PM

From my experience, those MP wins leave the threshold untouched. They rather drop the average remarkably, allowing to hit the necessary average and the next tier faster.

RG credits may be a different story.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2013 2:23 AM

alosso:
    From my experience, those MP wins leave the threshold untouched. They rather drop the average remarkably, allowing to hit the necessary average and the next tier faster.

I am sure Alosso is bang on - he always is:).............I would just  emphasise how quickly it can happen though.  I have seen people with 64 averages beat a Legend a couple of times and next they know....................

Nothing is ever perfect, but if any one only 1 month in to this game, say L63, is reading this it may be something to think about.   

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2013 3:15 AM

Very kind, Jim!

Alas, my experience is eight months old and becoming outdated. I beat two Legends in rated MP and received 2x 0.7 drops. Now it is about credits apparently, and who knows what else has changed.

RSS